2 2015 yz250F's, huge rain storm, 2 dead bikes . . .

Kids were racing the local hare scramble when the skies opened up.  Rained like crazy and the track didn't really get muddy but mostly splashy.  They were speeding thru countless waterpuddles.  After an hour both bikes died. 

We have everything all cleaned up but both bikes won't run past an idle.  When we give the gas they both die out.  Suggestions?

ok, more details.  No we did not suck water (if it was that easy I wouldn't have posted here).  So far this is what we have done to both bikes to no avail:

removed gas tank, drained fuel and replaced

cleaned/dielectric greased fuel pump electrical connections (wet and muddy)

cleaned/greased condenser electrical connection (round thingy under the seat) wet and muddy

cleaned/greased both rectifier electrical connections (finned thingy under left side radiator shroud) wet and muddy

cleaned/greased kill switch connections (wet and muddy)

cleaned greased programming unit connections (clean and dry)

cleaned/greased ignition coil connection (was clean and dry)

cleaned ignition connection (was clean and dry)

bikes still idle but die when you give it any throttle (one of the bikes has only 5 hours on it fyi)

heading into efi connections tomorrow (need the proper size allen socket

I do not have an efi programming unit but was wondering if it would give me some kind of error code

• Like 1

Sometimes what happends with these bikes is when they get wet water gets in the spark plug cap and if the vent hole on the head is blocked with dirt or something (very common) the water can't escape and when the bike gets hot it builds up steam pressure and pops the plug cap up a little, and makes it do what yours is doing, also put dialectic grease in the spark plug cap. The fix is to buy or make one of those bracket things to hold down the spark plug cap, type in twisted engineering spark plug cap clamp or something into google and and you will see what I mean. They are pretty easy to make. Or just zip tie it down onto that loop on the side on the cylinder.