12 450r adding rekluse to full Hinson setup?

Been tryin to find info on adding a rekluse to the Hinson setup. Rekluse said they can't support it but I was wondering if I can just add the 03-08 exp 3.0 disc since the Hinson is the 6 spring setup. Rekluse recommended I buy thier full setup, or go back with stock 4 spring inner hub. Anyone added the Rekluse to the Hinson?

The 13-16 3.0 is 6 springs as well ....I just don't know the other dimensions if it would work or not.  I feel like the plate dimensions are different in 09-12 but I don't know for sure

Edited by Fenmore

Cool, my issue is that the rekluse exp3.0 for the 09-12 only comes with 4 springs. Would I be able to use the Hinson springs or should I buy the 03-08 rekluse?

The big package exp core have another hub and pressure plate and 6 springs. I would just throw it in and see what happens ? I think you'll be fine..

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 12 that came with the Hinson on it and installed the Rekluse.  the Hinson clutch has the same dimensions as the 05-08 years so I ordered a recluse for those years.  it works great, but after some time the steel plates next to the Rekluse will start to wear and become smooth and then the clutch slips under load.  At the time i was riding or racing every weekend (MX - lots of stops and go's) and it took about 18-24 months before I experienced the slipping.  when this happened I took a couple of plates from a spares box and replaced the worn plates.  I mainly use Rotella in the gearbox (changed out about every 7 hours) but switched to ATF shortly after changing out the plates and before my accident.  have not ridden in the past year so I could not tell you what the long term affects are for using ATF.