Sign in to follow this  

GEORGETOWN TOMORROW THE 21ST OF MARCH RIDE ON

Beat Bob to the punch. Need guide for Bald mountain and all the riders we can get. Call Bob for details at 1-800-eatdirt :)

Beat Bob to the punch. Need guide for Bald mountain and all the riders we can get. Call Bob for details at 1-800-eatdirt :D

:D :D :D:)

I dunno if i can make it.... I've got some fence posts to put in next Sunday.....

:D :D :D:)

I dunno if i can make it.... I've got some fence posts to put in next Sunday.....

:usa: :usa: :D

Delbuort & I (plus 5-6 others) had a great ride at Greenhorn yesterday (3/14). It'll be difficult to surpass that place this summer...low river crossing galore. You could spend the whole day just going up & down the river banks and doing crossings. Steep hill climbs were the theme of the day, and I even made it up a couple! :)

However, this thread is about Georgetown... consider me 'tentative' for going. Never been there, so I too would need a guide.

Bob - nice photos of Carnegie... wonder who had the steeper hill climbs though?!? :D

Later gents...

well if you are all serious about this. Count me in!! Never been there and would be good to go with someone who knows the area. I went with a budd to foresthill 2 weeks ago for the firs time and had a blast. He was the guide there but not a very good one. He had us going in circles over on 1 and 7.. I finally had to say screw it and follow the street back to the truck before I ran out of gas :)

well if you are all serious about this. Count me in!! Never been there and would be good to go with someone who knows the area. I went with a budd to foresthill 2 weeks ago for the firs time and had a blast. He was the guide there but not a very good one. He had us going in circles over on 1 and 7.. I finally had to say screw it and follow the street back to the truck before I ran out of gas :)

Yeah we are Serious. We have a trail map of the Bald mountain staging area trails at the georgetown/rock creek ride area. the trails dont look any longer then the lower trails at georgetwon and I assume are marked as well. I never got lost at the lower two GT staging areas - Mace mills or darling ridge. This will be my fisrt time up at the east or upper trails out of Bald mountain staging area.

see if you say it enough in the post you begin to believ you know what your doing? going?/ :D

WE RIDE! Sunday at GT.

oh yeah i'm in. I had to sit out and watch my son ride all weekend. So this weekend he's at his moms and I ride!! :)

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in! :D

:D:usa::)

When, Where, Why, How? Let's firm it up now Dom! :D

P.S. The fellow "Bill" you rode with on Saturday at Foresthill is my next door neighbor! He was telling me about this wonderful trip he went on, and these Neanderthals he rode with, and I said, "Hey I know those guys!" :D

yeah Dom, What time? and where do we meet? ole post leader! :D :D I don't want to get up early. :D:)

yeah Dom, What time? and where do we meet? ole post leader! :D :D I don't want to get up early. :D :D

It's summer, so lets start at 5:00am :lol:I'll wait until 5:01 :usa:

8:30-9:00 at your Ranger station, be there or be square :)

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in! :D

:usa::):D

When, Where, Why, How? Let's firm it up now Dom! :D

P.S. The fellow "Bill" you rode with on Saturday at Foresthill is my next door neighbor! He was telling me about this wonderful trip he went on, and these Neanderthals he rode with, and I said, "Hey I know those guys!" :D

Bill the one with the KTM? :usa:

based on solid advice from yzwiley in the past. I called the GT ranger and she said YES the Bald Mountain staging area is OPEN and will continue to be open based on fair weather. According to the wether channel, no rain is predicted unitil monday and thats only showers, Now if that Monday rain comes early - we'll worry about that later this week.

Domenic will you fix us breakfast?

based on solid advice from yzwiley in the past. I called the GT ranger and she said YES the Bald Mountain staging area is OPEN and will continue to be open based on fair weather. According to the wether channel, no rain is predicted unitil monday and thats only showers, Now if that Monday rain comes early - we'll worry about that later this week.

Domenic will you fix us breakfast?

I'll fix the same thing you did :)

Yeah! What about Saturday ? I have to work Sunday. In fact What about Wed,Thurs,Fri?

Yeah! What about Saturday ? I have to work Sunday. In fact What about Wed,Thurs,Fri?

Suggest something for Saturday, or drop your bike off and I'll break her in for you Sunday :)

Still pondering on where to ride on Sunday GT, but also looking at Pine Nuts with Cisco, but that is a long drive.

I am taking my son and his new crf250x, it's yet to be ridden. How fast do you guys go. Have seen Bob at Mammoth but really did not ride much with him. I ride pretty quick but take it easy with my son. He is an intermediate trail rider. Can do just about anything at Mammoth for comparison purposes.

At any rate, I see all you guys from Roseville etc, which is where I live, thus the name.

Ok, the blah blah blah stuff is over. How many are going and how fast do all intend on riding.

Let me know and GT might be the place to meet and go.

MIR

Yes sir, you are correct!

Bill was the fellow with the 2004 KTM 520exc. Nice bike! I have yet to ride with him!! Soon though. I hope to get up to Stoneyford with him in the next few months! :D

Dom, why so early!? Damn, Bob has you conditioned! :D

Intermediate rider, hmmm, sure! Come along! It'll be great! :)

Georgetown is fantastic! Switchbacks, water crossings, shale cliffs, and a 1 mile hillclimb that's full of roots and rocks! There is a section of trees so close together you can't help but bang your bars at 10mph. There're also so low you have to duck to get by them! :D

Georgetown is my favorite spot! :D Talk about variety!! My only complaint, it's kinda small...... Very small compaired to Clear Creek. Huge compaired to Prairie City. :usa:

Still pondering on where to ride on Sunday GT, but also looking at Pine Nuts with Cisco, but that is a long drive.

I am taking my son and his new crf250x, it's yet to be ridden. How fast do you guys go. Have seen Bob at Mammoth but really did not ride much with him. I ride pretty quick but take it easy with my son. He is an intermediate trail rider. Can do just about anything at Mammoth for comparison purposes.

At any rate, I see all you guys from Roseville etc, which is where I live, thus the name.

Ok, the blah blah blah stuff is over. How many are going and how fast do all intend on riding.

Let me know and GT might be the place to meet and go.

MIR

jeez how do I answer that. Honestly compared with any good rider, I'm slower then a donkey.

However i have gotten a little better from riding every week and if i were to be riding trails I know like the lower part of GT or trails 4,3 and 1 at FH then i would say I can keep up with your son. However Sunday is gonna be my first ride at the eastern upper trails of GT out of the bald mountain area - so I know I will be slower then I will be the next time I ride there.

I'm the weakest rider of the bunch...so maybe you're better off riding with Cisco at Pinenuts. Cisco is a very good rider, probably the quickest I've riden with, but he is also as you know a great guy to trail ride with because he waits patiently for all riders at each crossing or change of direction.

Bottom line: if you want to ride at your normal pace go to the desert and see Cisco's new KTM 300 exc , but if you're up for some exploratory riding at GT this sunday come along!! We'll let you lead and haul our donkey butts trying to keep up.. no problems there I like being with good riders as long as they know I'm back there somewhere which all have to date

Delbuort & I (plus 5-6 others) had a great ride at Greenhorn yesterday (3/14). It'll be difficult to surpass that place this summer...low river crossing galore. You could spend the whole day just going up & down the river banks and doing crossings. Steep hill climbs were the theme of the day, and I even made it up a couple! :)

However, this thread is about Georgetown... consider me 'tentative' for going. Never been there, so I too would need a guide.

Bob - nice photos of Carnegie... wonder who had the steeper hill climbs though?!? :D

Later gents...

Sorry to bastardize your post but where is Greenhorn ???? I am always up for new places to ride. Appreciate any directions and/or info you can give me.

Thanks,

Fryboy :D