Sign in to follow this  

GEORGETOWN TOMORROW THE 21ST OF MARCH RIDE ON

Still pondering on where to ride on Sunday GT, but also looking at Pine Nuts with Cisco, but that is a long drive.

I am taking my son and his new crf250x, it's yet to be ridden. How fast do you guys go. Have seen Bob at Mammoth but really did not ride much with him. I ride pretty quick but take it easy with my son. He is an intermediate trail rider. Can do just about anything at Mammoth for comparison purposes.

At any rate, I see all you guys from Roseville etc, which is where I live, thus the name.

Ok, the blah blah blah stuff is over. How many are going and how fast do all intend on riding.

Let me know and GT might be the place to meet and go.

MIR

You KTM riders think your faster than you really are :D Just kidding, we ride the pace of the fastest rider, or as slow as the slowest rider. It's riding for fun, not a race. So come and enjoy the ride :)

Dom , a little big headed I am , must be the pumpkin. Not really that fast of a rider, the words just flow at times. :).

Bob , I rode bald mountain area a few months back. In fact three of us covered the entire area of GT. Got lost a few times, but eventually found our way home. Top of bald is very cool and really not that tough to get to. There were a couple of areas on that side that were awesome. The Ballarat Canyon lookout area is cool as well, but leaving that area, there is some pretty technical areas. I think it was trail 1-4 or 1-6 that was pretty hairy in spots :D, but if I recall loops 4 and 5 were all great intermediate rides that most people can get through fairly easy.

I am leaning towards GT at this point, simply closer to home. You know there is restaraunt in Cool right at the left turn towards Georgetown that has some awesome German breakfasts if anyone is interested in meeting there early for breakfast.

MIR

Hello Domenick,

Sorta surprised you beat Bob to the Sunday post considering how much time he seems to have on his hands.

I spoke to Jason about GT for this Sunday and the vibe I got was that he would probably be there even if his arm detached at the shoulder (still having problems with rotator cuff). I have secured the Sunday hall pass for myself. Just let me know the details as they solidify. :)

As for Bob claiming to be the weakest rider of the bunch, I beg to differ considering that my total trail experience amounts to two trips to FH. :D

:thinking:Humm... Okay am in :thumbsup:let me know when and were we meet. Had a great time with everyone at FH last Saturday. Lets have fun again :)

Breakfast 7:31 am at the German place sounds good. Domenic_WRF is buying. :):D:D

Delbuort & I (plus 5-6 others) had a great ride at Greenhorn yesterday (3/14). It'll be difficult to surpass that place this summer...low river crossing galore. You could spend the whole day just going up & down the river banks and doing crossings. Steep hill climbs were the theme of the day, and I even made it up a couple! :)

However, this thread is about Georgetown... consider me 'tentative' for going. Never been there, so I too would need a guide.

Bob - nice photos of Carnegie... wonder who had the steeper hill climbs though?!? :D

Later gents...

Sorry to bastardize your post but where is Greenhorn ???? I am always up for new places to ride. Appreciate any directions and/or info you can give me.

Thanks,

Fryboy :D

Greenhorn is up between Grass Valley & Colfax. Takes about as long to get there as it does to get to FH from Roseville, maybe a little longer. Windy road though, either way you come in. That will be the place to go in the hot summer months because of the river, IMHO. I could get you there, but I'm no guide.

And also IMO, it beats out F.Hill :D

Breakfast 7:31 am at the German place sounds good. Domenic_WRF is buying. :):D:D

Bob are you trying to punish me for beating you to the post :D I'll be glad to buy breakfast :thumbsup:I now relegate this thread to you :D

Dom , a little big headed I am , must be the pumpkin. Not really that fast of a rider, the words just flow at times. :).

Bob , I rode bald mountain area a few months back. In fact three of us covered the entire area of GT. Got lost a few times, but eventually found our way home. Top of bald is very cool and really not that tough to get to. There were a couple of areas on that side that were awesome. The Ballarat Canyon lookout area is cool as well, but leaving that area, there is some pretty technical areas. I think it was trail 1-4 or 1-6 that was pretty hairy in spots :D, but if I recall loops 4 and 5 were all great intermediate rides that most people can get through fairly easy.

I am leaning towards GT at this point, simply closer to home. You know there is restaraunt in Cool right at the left turn towards Georgetown that has some awesome German breakfasts if anyone is interested in meeting there early for breakfast.

MIR

I was not trying to be combatant, only humurous. As Bob says this is a new adventure for our group, and may be ridden at a slower pace then more experienced riders may tolerate. Bob is the real organizer, not me. I'm just along for the ride.PEACE :D

Hello Domenick,

Sorta surprised you beat Bob to the Sunday post considering how much time he seems to have on his hands.

I spoke to Jason about GT for this Sunday and the vibe I got was that he would probably be there even if his arm detached at the shoulder (still having problems with rotator cuff). I have secured the Sunday hall pass for myself. Just let me know the details as they solidify. :)

As for Bob claiming to be the weakest rider of the bunch, I beg to differ considering that my total trail experience amounts to two trips to FH. :D

Racking up posts with this thread :D I'm ready to leave now, but things will solidify prior to Saturday :D

Breakfast 7:31 am at the German place sounds good. Domenic_WRF is buying. :):D:usa:

Bob are you trying to punish me for beating you to the post :D I'll be glad to buy breakfast :thumbsup:I now relegate this thread to you :D

Quite the contary. Heading up the post is an honor kinda like leading the group. You get to set the pace, but watch out for the head ons!!! :usa::lol:

Speaking of head-ons WE like KTM riders. We allways put them up front :):usa::D :D

Alright I'm still in for sure. as far as slow I may be the anchor here only have had my bike since December and its my first on 2 wheels. But I'll try not to slow you down to much.

Hey Dom, comabative on the posts. Never it took it that way. All in fun. Don't sweat it. Still have not decided if GT or PN is where I am going. Still like the idea of being closer to home.

The diner in Cool is called the "Nugget" Just heard from a friend up there that the sold the place and the food has taken a nose dive. Too bad because their omelates and waffles were fist rate.

MIR

Maybe there's a place in Georgetown to eat :D What do you think Bob :)

Maybe there's a place in Georgetown to eat :D What do you think Bob :D

ahh crap I dunno... If we choose to meet for breakfast, then we have to meet at 730am ...... I usually grab mcdonalds here in Folsom before driving up.

That german place sounded cool in Cool :D Bottom Line I don't know of a breaskfast place in GT but if you guys do and want to meet for some eggs I'm game.

hey on a Different subject. I went online fishing for women again and snagged a cutie who use to ride dirt bikes and says her brother still rides "professionally" whatever that means- probably he races enduros or MX any way she and I are gonna meet so this may mean I will start dating again and .... my ride days may get limited ya know how the broads are about that :usa: :usa:

hey maybe she has a big ole motor home and she will take me and boomer to the WCCTT weekend in STYLE !!!!! :):D

stay tune on updates about her.

Hey,

What happened on Saturday with Bill and the KTM? :)

Everyone is speaking in code! :D

We are going to have a GREAT TIME in Georgetown! I put 90 miles on my bike the last time I was there. :D If we do the big loop, using trail 6 and trail 1, plan on bringing your lunch with you! :D We can eat up on the cliffs an have a beautiful view! :lol:

Oh, I love that place! :D

I did a SUPERMAN off one cliff last time......it's good to ride with a partner! :usa::usa::usa: My wrist and thumb still are'nt 100%.

nuthin happened with bill and his KTM. we had a good day.

Well I wouldn't exactly say that nothing happened with Bill's KTM on Saturday. Bill didn't suffer but the cable on his electronics was pulled nearly out by his mirror which apparently was caught by something on trail. And even more puzzling is how/why his left turn signal was hanging out of its housing on the way back to the staging area. Bill was fine but the bike did a little suffering apparently. :)

Maybe there's a place in Georgetown to eat :D What do you think Bob :D

ahh crap I dunno... If we choose to meet for breakfast, then we have to meet at 730am ...... I usually grab mcdonalds here in Folsom before driving up.

That german place sounded cool in Cool :D Bottom Line I don't know of a breaskfast place in GT but if you guys do and want to meet for some eggs I'm game.

hey on a Different subject. I went online fishing for women again and snagged a cutie who use to ride dirt bikes and says her brother still rides "professionally" whatever that means- probably he races enduros or MX any way she and I are gonna meet so this may mean I will start dating again and .... my ride days may get limited ya know how the broads are about that :usa: :usa:

hey maybe she has a big ole motor home and she will take me and boomer to the WCCTT weekend in STYLE !!!!! :):D

stay tune on updates about her.

I'm with you on the McDonalds, I'll get anouther hour of sleep. Good luck with the lady, we need a rest from all this riding, and maybe I'll see my wife again. :lol:

Scott, Bill was cool. I'm just terrible with names. Memory is the second thing to go, I forgot the first :usa:

Well Hey!

I also invited Bill! :D He can't do it this weekend but soon! :usa:

I'll invite my other neighbor Matt, who also rides. He's got a nice bike too! An XR! :)

The more the merrier! :usa:

I have to finish my trailer! Finish the shock on my bike, and buy a SUV....and I used to complain that skiing was expensive!! :D:D:D

It's gonna be 86F today!!!!!!! Dang the weather is awesome. That long wet winter of mud is so OVER!! I wish I could take more days off. I'm gonna want to ride all day Sunday.