Waynektm

Beta 350rr horsepower rating?

Does anybody know what the advertised horse power and torque the the 350 with fuel injection is ??

I don't know but I'm gonna take a guess. 37.?

I would hope more than that the carbureted betas are 34hp ... The pumpkins make around 50

Depends how you measure it. Crank or RWHP. Or on the BS-Meter.  :thumbsup:

And if it is RWHP, was it tested with a Knobby or a Street tire? More HP with a street tire...

Edited by MarkBevans

Depends how you measure it. Crank or RWHP. Or on the BS-Meter.  :thumbsup:

And if it is RWHP, was it tested with a Knobby or a Street tire? More HP with a street tire...

My butt dyno says there's plenty...does that count? :ride:

• Like 4

Your not buying a Beta for HP, if HP is what your looking for there are plenty of other brands to choose. Then again a 250f is plenty fast if you know how to ride it.

I would hope more than that the carbureted betas are 34hp ... The pumpkins make around 50

At the same rpm, the KTM's make slightly less, until about 8k where the Beta starts to flatten out, and the KTM keeps going till 12K and about 6 more hp.

I believe its 40 vs 46 peak hp. 

HP up at that rpm is usesless for anything but wide, smooth terrain.... 

The BETA's torque curve starts earlier, and carries farther than the KTM's, which is completely lacking until about 8k....

Edited by KRANNIE
  • Like 1

Ride it more like a small bore then a big bore and it is very useful. Even with the power in the upper end, the bike still is fast and should be on par with the 350rr. I didn't care for any of KTM's 350s, now the 250XCF is another story.

Edited by weantright

Ride it more like a small bore then a big bore and it is very useful. Even with the power in the upper end, the bike still is fast and should be on par with the 350rr. I didn't care for any of KTM's 350s, now the 250XCF is another story.

Huh? What "it" are you referring to?

"IT" is a KTM that Krannie so negitively talks about.

Come on George stay with us!

Have someone versed in the English language review your post then get back to me. :thumbsup:

Most manufacturers all quote power and torque at the crank, not at the wheel. A typical chain drive bike loses about 15% between the crank and the wheel.

350's dyno around 38-40hp, 500's are in the 50-52hp range (RWHP). KTM is known for being pretty optimistic with even their crank power claims also. When the 1290 super duke came out ads were saying it had 190hp, "best in class power", when moto rags put it on a dyno and it only turned about 150- same or less than most other bikes in it's class, the hype died pretty quick. A Japanese 1000 naked with a flash and slip on will make the same power at half the cost.

"IT" is a KTM that Krannie so factually talks about.

He is fair an impartial, and only talks aobut bikes he has already ridden or owned in most cases.

In fact, he is smart and handsome too, but not in a gay way.

I know, huh.

I raced mine in a natural terrain a few weeks back an was always inside the top 5 to the first corner out of 40. One holeshot this is all capacities 450 mx bikes etc etc.

http://dirtbiketest.com/bike-tests/2015-beta-350-rr-efi/

"In reality it would take back-to-back riding on the same location on the same day to make that call. We had the Beta out with a KTM 350 EXC and the Beta made the Orange bike feel slow, tiny and a bit unstable, traits the KTM does not show when ridden alone. Comparing it to a XC-W or an XC-F would likely yield different results as the Beta seems to sit right between those two models in its target audience. It seems most like the Husky FE 350."

Have a mate on a 2016 350 exc with an akropovic pipe and a bit of tuning he recons my 350 smacks his and I'd have to agree riding back to back, the ktm revs more freely but the beta Grunts but still does 13000rpm if you need to hold the gear. 

Last weekend in a sprint enduro I passed several 2016 350xcf's under power so the bike sure is not slow I don't believe its down much up top through the low end and mid the Beta is stronger by far.  My bike has a fmf power core 4 hex and a map to suit this really bought it to life.  I'd suggest you ride the other 350's back to back I did and chose the Beta bit biased now but I love this bike. Did I mention how much you can bog this thing down so low the husky and ktm can only dream they flame out. 

MM 

• Like 2

Most manufacturers all quote power and torque at the crank, not at the wheel. A typical chain drive bike loses about 15% between the crank and the wheel.

350's dyno around 38-40hp, 500's are in the 50-52hp range (RWHP). KTM is known for being pretty optimistic with even their crank power claims also. When the 1290 super duke came out ads were saying it had 190hp, "best in class power", when moto rags put it on a dyno and it only turned about 150- same or less than most other bikes in it's class, the hype died pretty quick. A Japanese 1000 naked with a flash and slip on will make the same power at half the cost.

No matter where you take the dyno at the Beta's have always been 5-7 hp low. My little 300 is even lower and has ran with the big bikes. Very competitive so HP is a poor measurement for an off road bike.

OP needs to look at the total package, I have yet to be passed by a dyno on the trail.

Power* 31.6 kW (43 hp) at 8800 / min 33.9 kW (46 hp) at 11,300 / min 34.3 kW (47 hp) at 11,800 / min 31.5 kW (43 hp) at 12,000 / min

The whole story is right there, I'd rather make my peak power lower, thus giving me a more useful powerband. The real kicker would be how much power the Huskie/KTM twin are making 2500 / min lower.