2004 te450

Is a 2004 te450 california emissions compliant for on highway use?? Mine has no sticker and husqvarna refuses to give me any answers or send any paperwork. I would like to dual sport this bike but I cant seem to find any info either way. The bike has hi beam/lo beam, brake lights, and indicators already (literally just indication, no actual blinkers) but I cant find an executive order stating it's compliance. Please help!

Don't know in CA but here in GA, if the MSO and then title don't say for highway use you're screwed. Some states like Indiana will issue plates after an inspection.

Your best bet is to contact the dmv and see what they say. Odd that Husky won't respond to you. Is there a dealer in the area to ask?

I spoke to one dealer and he said that it should be compliant, but still he can offer no paperwork. I also checked the ARB website and cannot find an executive order stating a 2004 te450 is compliant. So I've sent emails to ARB but no response yet

Edited by cds650

Is the dmv a part of or separate from the ARB? If seperate maybe the dmv can help???

Out of curiosity, I Googled your issue. Seems like you are out of luck but Google "can 2004 Husqvarna te450 be licensed in California" and you'll see what one dealer went through (GP Cycles, I think). CA sounds as screwed up as GA! Good luck...

complicating matters is that in 2004 it was mostly a Cagiva company who went belly up long ago. BMW divested their interest to KTM and KTM I'm sure won't help much unless you buy a 500EXC. That's their hope at least. 

complicating matters is that in 2004 it was mostly a Cagiva company who went belly up long ago. BMW divested their interest to KTM and KTM I'm sure won't help much unless you buy a 500EXC. That's their hope at least. 

Good long time Husqvarna dealers are still stocking parts and believe it or not KTM/Husqvarna is still sourcing high wear parts for older Cagiva made Husqvarnas.

Need to find a dealer who's been selling Husqvarnas for a long time.

Cagiva is still around building MV Agustas.

• Like 1

And the new KTM//Husqvarna has also been sourcing and ordering old Cagiva/Husqvarna parts. Actually it's easier now getting many of the high wear older parts than when Cagiva and BMW owned them.

Just saying

• Like 1

And the new KTM//Husqvarna has also been sourcing and ordering old Cagiva/Husqvarna parts. Actually it's easier now getting many of the high wear older parts than when Cagiva and BMW owned them.

Just saying

I haven't found any truth in this, and yes I do order my fair share of husky parts.

I haven't found any truth in this, and yes I do order my fair share of husky parts.

Haven't had much of a problem ordering stuff from Central Jersey Cycles for my 2007 TE450, but then again nothing much breaks on that bike.