stophe

CRF230 front fender on XR650L

Posted (edited)

White one is a IMS 4 gallon

Red is Clarke 4.7 gallon

Edited by mcma111

I have a Clarke 4.7 and I like the extra fuel in there.  I can go between 160 and 180 miles on a tank before hitting reserve.  It's not too fat so that it gets in my way when riding off road.

• Like 1

I have a Clarke 4.7 and I like the extra fuel in there.  I can go between 160 and 180 miles on a tank before hitting reserve.  It's not too fat so that it gets in my way when riding off road.

Thanks Scott, that’s the one I’ve been leaning towards because I figured what fuel does get stuck on the right side would probably take me down to about 4 gallons without having to lean the bike over. Did u get yours before they starting having the “tooling mark blemish” that they have mentioned on their website? They sent me a picture of it and it doesn’t look like it’s that bad and up at the front of the tank, curious what it’s like in person

1 hour ago, DCcycleworks said:

Thanks Scott, that’s the one I’ve been leaning towards because I figured what fuel does get stuck on the right side would probably take me down to about 4 gallons without having to lean the bike over. Did u get yours before they starting having the “tooling mark blemish” that they have mentioned on their website? They sent me a picture of it and it doesn’t look like it’s that bad and up at the front of the tank, curious what it’s like in person

The tank was on the bike when I bought it ten years ago, so yes, it was before the blemishes by many years.

I don't understand why Clarke can't just fix the problem.  It doesn't make sense to me that they would let this be an ongoing issue.

• Like 1

Better late than never?  I stumbled upon this pic and recalled this post...

Left = stock.  Right = CRF230L fender.

TC

20171228_203000.jpg

Edited by TimC63
  • Like 1

How does it hold up?
Does heat and mud stain it?
I'm guessing it's cerakote. I used to spray it for a company on lower ar-15's and barrels. it's tough and will hold up to heat.