CRF230 front fender on XR650L

I've heard a lot of people having success using a pre-2006 front fender on a XR650L as it bolts right up and has room for the wiring.

Does anyone know if the 2006-2013 CRF230L front fender fits just as well? They are going for cheap on eBay but I want to make sure it works just as well as the pre-2006 models.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391423246562

I've heard a lot of people having success using a pre-2006 front fender on a XR650L as it bolts right up and has room for the wiring.

Does anyone know if the 2006-2013 CRF230L front fender fits just as well? They are going for cheap on eBay but I want to make sure it works just as well as the pre-2006 models.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/391423246562

I don't know that it will work for sure, but 230's are kinda like our 650L's. They are all the same bike, no matter the year, and just get "bold new graphics" every now and then.

So if a fender off an '05 bolts up, I would bet my boots that a fender off of a '15 bolts up.

I just replaced my 2018 XR 650L fender with a fender from a 2003 CRF230F and the holes and everything matched.  Used the oem washers on top of the fender.  Was only $36 at dealer.  Part# 61100-KPS-900ZA

20181228_134946.jpg

Edited by Gary56

I just today order a polisport ufx fender for my bike. Not sure yet if there is room for the wiring or if it has to be moved above the lower tree but that shouldn’t be a big deal if it does. I think it looks pretty sharp on this bikeIMG_1632.JPG

• Like 1

The Polisport front fenders are the nicest I've seen and the red matches well. I've got their SM Line fender.

Oh good! I was a little worried since all I really had to go by was that picture. And I was hoping the red was similar. My cost was only 27 bucks so I figured it was worth the risk

It is no big deal to move the wiring up above the lower triple clamp.  Than you can use any fender you want on there.  I don't even know what my front fender is, but the wiring was moved before it was put on there.

XR400_fenderjpg.jpg&key=3d2f36d0d6b568e3

Some like it simple................. bolt on

but your right........... move the wires and get what you like

Edited by EarthCruzn

I ordered the stock fender for a 2008 CRF230L and installed it on my '08 650L.  It has a "channel" in the top of the fender for the wire harness to run under the triple clamp like stock.  Bolt pattern was the same but I THINK the plastic thickness at one of the 230L  fender's holes was thicker???  I recall filing some plastic off one hole to make everything fit nice.  The guide for the speedo cable was easy to swap by drilling out the rivets and pop riveting it onto the 230 fender.

It looks more modern than the "classic" 80s-90s XR XL fender.

I recommend it!

TC

Fenderclean.jpeg

Fenderdirty.jpeg

• Like 2

I already posted this pic in a different thread but thought I would do it here to in case anyone was interested. My Polisport UFX fender came in yesterday, I did have to move the wiring above the lower tree but the fender bolted right up, had to put a spacer between the fender and the two rear bolts to angle it down slightly so the fender doesn’t touch the frame, but all in all it seems like a really sturdy fender, the color matches well like Joe mentioned and the whole job maybe took 30 minutes (mainly rerouting the wires)IMG_1681.JPG

• Like 2

they look pretty close to the same design............. I really do not see a difference CRF/UFO

from here<()

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

CRF230l OE fender

DSC_0783.JPG

Edited by mcma111
  • Like 1

they look pretty close to the same design............. I really do not see a difference CRF/UFO
from here

Dang they really do look identical to me, seems like the crf would be the easier option then if it has a tunnel for the wiring

14 hours ago, mcma111 said:

XR400 fender

DSC_0748.JPG

I like the coating on that header.

What is that?

How does it hold up?

Does heat and mud stain it?

20 hours ago, mcma111 said:

CRF230l OE fender

DSC_0783.JPG

Who's gas tank is that.  Is that a steel tank?