Bead breaker

For on the trail, the motion pro would be the hot ticket, but it's pricey for a hopped up tire iron. If you want something for in the garage, I bought one of the harbor freight tire changer/bead breaker units for like $35 about 7 years ago. I really only needed it to mount 8 atv tires, but I have used it way, way more than I figured I ever would. Lawn mower tires, trailer tires, they make a motorcycle specific attachment for it, but I never got it. For tubeless bike tires, it is a must, but for tubes, not so much.

• Like 1

http://www.harborfreight.com/bead-breaker-92961.html

I have this one.  Makes quick work of all my tires.  Mandatory for my tubeless street tires but makes it easier for all my stubborn tires.

69686 is the harbor freight item # I have, I'm Internet challenged on the linking still, the one you have looks like it would work great also. At anywhere from $10-$20 to mount 1 tire, it pays for itself quickly.

Thanks for all the advice. Spoke to the guys over at BeadBuster and they say the one I was looking at will work across any size tire so decided to bite the extra cost so I can hopefully use it on my quad and truck too. I should get it by the end of this week so I'll let you know how it works.