Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Forkner reminds me of Villopoto

At least in regards to his riding style.  I'm not saying he'll have a similar career, but he's young, fast, and has a similar riding style.  Growing up watching guys like Bailey, O'Mara, Glover, Hannah, etc. I always remember the emphasis on the attack position with elbows up.

Forker is fast, but kind of like Villopoto, he rides a lot with his elbows down, which I don't think looks as cool, but he's fast!

Good luck to him, he's having a very solid rookie year.

• Like 2

I think Forkner is on the path that AC wanted to be on. Adam has a lot of potential still but has been injury plagued almost his entire early pro career. Austin is having a great pro debut and hopefully he'll stay healthy and be even a bigger threat in the near future.

• Like 4

I think Forkner is on the path that AC wanted to be on. Adam has a lot of potential still but has been injury plagued almost his entire early pro career. Austin is having a great pro debut and hopefully he'll stay healthy and be even a bigger threat in the near future.

AC will be a force to reckon with in 2017 IF he can stay injury free. His speed is starting to come back and he'll get faster. Gotta stop the stupid mistakes too which will come with more races.
  • Like 3

Staying healthy is the name of the game.   AC will win a SX title in 17.  

• Like 2

AC was the guy that could have been the next great. EVEN AGAINST KROC! He was faster on a 125 than most pros on 250/450. it was all over the place about how freaky fast he was. He didnt lose anything. he is trying to stay healthy. come sx ac will be the guy to watch not 4ukhead I mean 4ukner lmao

AC was the guy that could have been the next great. EVEN AGAINST KROC! He was faster on a 125 than most pros on 250/450. it was all over the place about how freaky fast he was. He didnt lose anything. he is trying to stay healthy. come sx ac will be the guy to watch not 4ukhead I mean 4ukner lmao

Freaky fast? How fast was Tomac last year after the 5th Moto? Fastest upright rider wins the race. Guys that can't keep the bike on 2 wheels don't count.

• Like 3

How fast was Tomac last year after the 5th Moto? Fastest upright rider wins the race.

about the same speed as last weekend. using tomac as an example perfectly proves my point about ac. Thank you!

I have seen Forkner smiling and actually appearing to enjoy life and being a pro mx'er,,,in what way is that like RV?

• Like 2

Villopoto wasn't always burned out, it happens over time.

RV2-2011-MX-Champion.jpg

Edited by jcm3
  • Like 1

I have seen Forkner smiling and actually appearing to enjoy life and being a pro mx'er,,,in what way is that like RV?

Forkner is still way young and definitely has a lot of enthusiasm.  Poto had some years on him by 2011 and I'm not so sure he was that happy even then.

Here is another happy go lucky dude that is enjoying the experience.

http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/member/Chasing-the-Dream-Xtra-Episode-2-Aaron-Plessinger,14120/GD2,43126

Villopoto wasn't always burned out, but Aldon's program will do that to a rider...

Fixed that for ya

about the same speed as last weekend. using tomac as an example perfectly proves my point about ac. Thank you!

Roczen let him go, and ET doesn't look like he's anywhere near the pace from motos 1-6 last year.

How did Tomac do in last year's championship by the way? Where did that speed put him in Moto 6? He was not the fastest upright rider. He was the fastest man on the operating table.

Looks like he gets it this year. Crossing the finish line is much more fun than surgery.

I am perplexed by AC. Why so many wash out tip overs for him? He has a major front end issue going on. It's like he ridez every moto with a flat front tire. As a person though, very impressed with how he carries himself. Being that mature and solid intellectually is a key ingredient to success.

Dude I love Forkner's go for broke riding. He lays the bike over for a scub and just holds it until the very last second. I actually lose my breath thinking he is going to wad and he is just in control. No fear, hangin it out, having fun! Poof! Pitchfork has a great future.

• Like 1

Roczen let him go, and ET doesn't look like he's anywhere near the pace from motos 1-6 last year.

How did Tomac do in last year's championship by the way? Where did that speed put him in Moto 6? He was not the fastest upright rider. He was the fastest man on the operating table.

Looks like he gets it this year. Crossing the finish line is much more fun than surgery.

the point is ac is still ac and tomac is still tomac.

they don't lose the speed. and when the time is right they strike. we all want things to happen right away but some riders take forever to get the confidence and the feel back. speed is speed and both of them have more than anyone else out there. ac just hasn't struck yet.

I think Kenny got beat and used a bit of mental game on the podium. I saw some of last year's speed for Tomac at Washougal, he was able to use that WFO cornering really well there, not sure he's comfortable doing it though...

People are forgetting that two years ago AC was one of the smallest riders out there, and no he's one of the tallest... takes time to learn the new body, adjust technique and that's even harder when you're hurt all the time.

AC's talent and passion haven't gone anywhere, he'll be up there soon.

Villopoto wasn't always burned out, it happens over time.

RV2-2011-MX-Champion.jpg

I see a lot of pain, angst, and angry ginger behind that smile.

• Like 2

the point is ac is still ac and tomac is still tomac.

they don't lose the speed. and when the time is right they strike. we all want things to happen right away but some riders take forever to get the confidence and the feel back. speed is speed and both of them have more than anyone else out there. ac just hasn't struck yet.

I want to see AC break through, but until something changes he seem like a younger, crashier Canard to me.

• Like 2

I love this post

Thank you sir! And I didn't mean to bash RV. He was a great competitor/champ  who just looked beat down mentally at the end. Hope he is enjoying himself now.

Edited by YHGEORGE