Yamaha vs KTM/Husky

1st note..... I posted a pic of Off-Road bikes because I don't give a rats ass about MX bikes anymore.

2nd note.... Both bikes in the above pics must be ridden by SoCal flat billers. Any real off-roader knows a bash plate is a must.

Alright..... Carry on gents.....

Well that right there makes this thread pointless. Anyone who does any off road racing at all knows that KTM owns that shit. There is a reason half the bikes plus are Orange. 

Yamaha doesn't even make off road race bikes, their WR series aren't serious racers and the new X's are really just motocross bikes with an 18" rear wheel. Guys were building those for years out of parts Yamaha already had. 

• Like 2

I'll relate it to MX:

In the 2015 MXA shootout: the 2006 YZ125 beat the 2015 KTM 125. Think about that. 9 years of improvements, KTM still couldn't beat it. I can't imagine what a steaming pile the 2006 KTM 125 must have been.

In 2016 the KTM finally won. Congrats KTM, Yamaha gave you 10 years and you finally caught and passed them. Here's a cookie. Now perhaps Yamaha has some incentive to do some R&D work.

• Like 7

Yamaha doesn't even make off road race bikes, their WR series aren't serious racers and the new X's are really just motocross bikes with an 18" rear wheel. Guys were building those for years out of parts Yamaha already had.

KTM 250 XC = KTM 250 SX + 18" rear wheel + kickstand Edited by redrider144
  • Like 4

Wow, I haven't had to say a thing!

Red, I noticed it was Yamaha vs KTM /Husky...that sounds about right. It would take both to equal one Yamaha.

To make it relatable to Pro, what kind of bike did Febvre win the world championship last year? I am a little fuzzy on that. I think it was blue...

Edited by wes513v
  • Like 3

Red, I noticed it was Yamaha vs KTM /Husky...that sounds about right. It would take both to equal one Yamaha.

To make it relatable to Pro, what kind of bike did Febvre win the world championship last year? I am a little fuzzy on that. I think it was blue...

Febvre = Blu Cru rider.  Not just that, but Yamaha did a 1-2-3 sweep of the 250 podium at Millville. 6 out of the top 10 overall were on, yes you guessed it, Yamaha.  

No KTM / Husky in the top 10.  Not a single one.  Completely shut out.  Man that really sucks for KTM, they're really in a bad place right now.  If they didn't have electric start and hydraulic clutches to lure in suckers (like moths to the flame) they wouldn't sell a single bike.  

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 5

+ electric start + 6 speed semi wide ratio transmission +lighting coil +larger fuel tank and I'm sure a few others  ?

Suck it FryBoy!

Proof that not only is BLUE in your head but me too !!!!   Double sucky sucky for you my sucky suckerson    

• Like 1

You know what's funny about that Yamaha, it's not like the one you bought.... Nope it's a lot more KTMesque... 

Febvre = Blu Cru rider.  Not just that, but Yamaha did a 1-2-3 sweep of the 250 podium at Millville. 6 out of the top 10 overall were on, yes you guessed it, Yamaha.  

No KTM / Husky in the top 10.  Not a single one.  Completely shut out.  Man that really sucks for KTM, they're really in a bad place right now.  If they didn't have electric start and hydraulic clutches to lure in suckers (like moths to the flame) they wouldn't sell a single bike.  

in the World Championship, you know where the fastest guys in the world are??? KTM's 250 rider is so far ahead in points he's going to sit out several race's and likely still win the championship...

But that's neither here nor their, I've never claimed it was anything different than 90% rider 10% bike. You guys just get wound tighter than the titty twisters kids gave out in middle school anytime someone, especially me, talks a little trash about the Yamaha. What's funny is it's pretty well known none of the top level pro's want to ride that bike, and those that have say it sucks. 

End of story! 

• Like 1

You know what's funny about that Yamaha, it's not like the one you bought.... Nope it's a lot more KTMesque... 

in the World Championship, you know where the fastest guys in the world are??? KTM's 250 rider is so far ahead in points he's going to sit out several race's and likely still win the championship...

You're bragging about Herlings, the dude that's so awesome that he....never moved up to the premier class, choosing instead to sandbag down in the 250 class?

Would you be singing about Ricky Carmichael had he stayed in the 125 MX class his entire career?

• Like 3

You know this thread is going to get moved right? Your dumb ass forgot to somehow relate it to pro racing. Probably head to town square eventually.

Sure it is, I posted it under Pro "Off Road". There's more to racing than some flat billers who calls a 30 minute moto "a ride"..... These bikes are "professionally raced". I don't see Johnny Walker or Graham Jarvis choosing to ride a KTM SX or a YZ450F.....do you?