Sign in to follow this  

I'm back on a Husky.

I have been watching this forum for a while now. Alot of good info here. I could'nt make up my mind :D stay on orange or go back to Husky. Well, all things considered, TE450 it is. I looked at/into just about everything(exotic or not). When you add up all the fetures, the Husky is a bargan. The KTM is almost $600.00 more here in Ca. plus it does'nt even have a engine guard/skid plate. Add to that the electronic odo pick up, easy off seat-tank-flip up battery-naked in two minutes feature and it's a no brainer. Don't even get me started on KTM's PDS rear....(it made McGrath quit!). Then I rode it :D Wow! I don't think I was ready for this thing to be so good & it's not even broken in. It turns, stops, pulls, jumps and just plain behaves awsome. The only down side is all the components(bars, chain, sprockets, wheels, filter) are top shelf & I want to tinker.

P.S. My clutch pull is super easy :)

Congrats on your new bike, so far my TE450 as been great, rider not so great. Where abouts in Ca are you? I'm out in Brentwood/Antioch-N.Cal

Kraig

I'm in the Huntington Beach Area.("The O.C.") I got the bike in San Diego, OTD for $7100.00. :)

Excellent choice! I'm anxious to see the new 510's in action as well.... enjoy that new TE! :)

Badknees, congrats on the new beast :). Uncle_Moose How did you do at the Wildboar? I ran out of gas right at the last check just before the gas stop. I was able to coast down hill to gas :D. At mile 56 she died with a very clogged air filter :mad:Just wasn't my day. I think I have some jetting issues.

Doug TE450

Hey! You ran out of gas too. I made it 38 miles on the first loop and then to mile 80 on the second loop; 6 miles from the finish. You might have seen me sitting at the bottom of a ravine. I love the bike, but have issues with the fuel range...and the clutch pull. btw talking about the wildboar for you westcoast guys. Gary

'I want to tinker' :)

Join the club. I'm not sure why some times but I've already started again on the new 450!

Alloy Frame Guards... tick

Alloy Rad guards... tick

Acerbis hand guards... tick

Graphics & Seat... the search continues.

Just need to find £575 for the full Akrapovic exhaust now...

The TE250 turned out OK :D

TE_Lside.jpg

aftershock/garygcjr I sucked at the Boar, drank water saturday, drank water sunday morning, hands went numb at about mile 2, bike was running good, kept stalling (been using a revloc for 2years forgot what that lever on the left side was for) well I was sitting down alot on the smooth trails and must of shook my insides up, I got sick after check 2, after check 3 and when I got to gas I was spent! no energy so I called it a day know that there was 15 miles at 24mph.

Started the bike at gas idled for about 45 seconds and it ran out. I am running stock jetting at this time.

Hopefully will have abetter time at the Boar. Look forward to seeing you guys at our clubs enduro "FOOLS GOLD" in Georgetown.

Kraig

Welcome to the Husky gang. They truely are great bikes. I came off an XR400 anchor last December. Neat thing about these Huskys is that they perform forintermediate to fully advanced riders. Most everyone raves about their handling and power characteristics. That is a pretty wide range of talent that these bikes seem to cater to. By the way, you're not the first KTM rider to go the blue/yellow switch!

Cheers

So far I've slapped on some hand guards(still had the small bar incerts from an old 610), a Brp shark fin, drilled the pilot and rised the needle one(may bump another). Next will be to mount the Scotts I poached from my pumkin'. The thing is, with the TE's balanced motor, there is so little vibration (makes the ktm feel like a rock polisher) I dont know if I want to change to Protapers.

Do I know how to make friends or what? :D

P.S.

yorkshirepub, maybe I'll see you in 07' @ the 100th IOMTT.

:)

P.P.S. Rear suspension should have linkage. :D PDS

badknees if you're coming to the Isle of Man see if you can get the Husky over, there are miles of open trailes (we just have to share them with the odd horse).

I'll most likley be on a touring bike(rented), but I would love to roost somthing overthere. This trip has been in the works for a few years with one of my (non dirt) riding buddies. I'll probably be on the Isle of "Yur Maun" for 4 days during TT week.(4 days = aprox 40 pints @ Joey's Bar) :D Maybe I'll have to go sooner to ride dirt bikes :D

(sorry about the "b" I put in yorkshirepud, I was thinking "pub") :)

Why haven't I heard about this trip? :)

Lets have a ride report after this weekend, how does it compare with your 610 or 380? When do I get to ride it? I just couldn't make it this time. I heard some of the trails are closed due to snow?

Did you put any Newcastle sticker on her yet?

Seacrest Out!

GAR :D

Blown, :) at least it Yellow like mine...although its a few cc's short of the 470, just couldn't wait for the 510, huh.

Lets head for the hill.

Post a pick of your bike on the roosting place, we want to veiw that monster!

Garhead, Chazlom. Ask you'r buddy Marlonsupercool about the welts all over his arms and stomach(just below his chest protector). :lol: Here is my full weekend ride report :):D:usa::D :D I tried as hard as I could to stay mellow during break-in, but it's almost impossable. The harder you ride, the better the bike handles, almost devil on the shoulder like.(go ahead & speed up, we can do it) :usa: I am soooo the weak link on this thing, but that's a beautiful thing :D

04' TE 450 :usa:

P.S. PDS is dead, long live linkage rear suspension

P.P.S. Who needs some AXO gear, matches KTM ?

OK guys, I'm new to the big bore 4 stroke game. We've got three small bore 4 strokes of 175cc and less in our family. Power in the a small bore non-high tech engined 4 stroke bikes is pitfull compared to a two stroke. You can't even get the front wheel off the ground to clear an obstacle with them.

I've always rode 2 smokes in the big bores. 400 Maico, 490 Husky etc. With the big bore 2 smokes if you lean back a bit, the front wheel, even in top gear at 80 MPH if you want it to, will come up no sweat.

I've never riden a big bore high teck, high revving engined Thumper.

This might be a stupid question but with the TE250 how tough is it to get the front wheel up in 4th gear to clear an obstacle? How about the TE450? I figure the only dumb question is the one not asked, right? Thanks

Flame on

I've never ridden a TE250, but I'll say this about the 450. BE READY WITH YOU'R FOOT ON THE BACK BREAK! Just decide how far you want to wheelie & go for it. I rode one for at least 150 yards just Sunday(yes I have a witness)started in fourth then shifted to fifth then sixth....I've been riding wheelies for 34 years & I would'nt buy a bike that was gutless! :)

P.S. on a fire road.

badknees, DATS what I wanted to hear! My new TE450 should be to me within the next month. I just needed to hear it from someone who's riden one. Thanks

Flame,

Any new big-bore thumpers will have plenty of power, most just have a smoother power delivery (no 2-stroke hit, except maybe YZF).

The best part is just add gas and go.

Keep the little bikes for bangin' bars around camp.

GAR :)