KP Racing Metering block - Dyno Results

Extremely impressed. Ran back to back dyno runs with my stock YZ250 carb and another YZ250 carb with the KP Racing metering block. I have to admit that I was very skeptical of the claims for this part, but the numbers don't lie. This part works great and the results were nothing less than astonishing.

Stock carb is the green line. 175 main, 48 pilot, CEJ needle #3 clip.

KP Racing first run is blue line. 188 main, 48 pilot, CEJ needle #3 clip.

KP Racing second run is red line. 185 main, 48 pilot, CEJ needle #3 clip.

KPR Dyno003.jpg

Edited by CamP
  • Like 11

Wow!! That's pretty impressive. How much was the metering block?

Yes it is.

I think Keith is still working to determine final pricing. It's a beautifully machined part and I'm sure they aren't cheap to make. 

Edited by CamP
  • Like 1

Are you planning on posting butt dyno results after you get some some seat time ? 

It was +3hp at peak, but the over-peak numbers were really impressive.

At 7500rpm it's making +3hp

From 7700-8300rpm it's +4hp

At 8500 it's +5hp

I'll have track results this weekend if it doesn't rain out.

Edited by CamP
  • Like 2

It was +3hp at peak, but the over-peak numbers were really impressive.

At 7500rpm it's making +3hp

From 7700-8300rpm it's +4hp

At 8500 it's +5hp

I'll have track results this weekend if it doesn't rain out.

Had originally just seen the posted hp #'s & not the graph.   Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

CamP, thank you for sharing, that is impressive! What engine was this tested on and any other supporting mods? Does the new metering block require bumping up the main jet size?

The 07 cylinder has .030" milled off the base, with a stock head. This raises the compression to about 250psi cranking pressure, which requires 110 race gas. The carb is a 2015 YZ250 carb. I went up 4 main jet sizes with the KPR metering block, per KP's recommendation.

The engine is otherwise stock.

Edited by CamP

Extremely impressed. Ran back to back dyno runs with my stock YZ250 carb and another YZ250 carb with the KP Racing metering block. I have to admit that I was very skeptical of the claims for this part, but the numbers don't lie. This part works great and the results were nothing less than astonishing.

Stock carb is the green line. 178 main, 45 pilot, CEJ needle #3 clip.

KP Racing first run is blue line. 188 main, 45 pilot, CEJ needle #3 clip.

KP Racing second run is red line. 185 main, 45 pilot, CEJ needle #3 clip.

📎KPR Dyno003.jpg

That is impressive. Wish you had a Lectron or Smartcarb to test as well. This may have been answered in a previous thread but does this block replace the main jet and needle system or is it still present?

I hope he prices it below 200, above that its just not going to make sense. You can get a lectron for under 400 and still sell your old carb to recoup costs. I hope he sells a ton of these.

On a weird note: I had a dream last night about this KPR block, it was so good every single bike started coming with one, including 4-strokes. And I was somewhere in australia. I have weird dreams.

• Like 1

That is impressive. Wish you had a Lectron or Smartcarb to test as well. This may have been answered in a previous thread but does this block replace the main jet and needle system or is it still present?

I hope he prices it below 200, above that its just not going to make sense. You can get a lectron for under 400 and still sell your old carb to recoup costs. I hope he sells a ton of these.

On a weird note: I had a dream last night about this KPR block, it was so good every single bike started coming with one, including 4-strokes. And I was somewhere in australia. I have weird dreams.

I've tested Lectron carbs in the past and they didn't make more power for me. I still have one that is converted to Methanol and it made big power, but Methanol is a big hassle because it is hygroscopic so you have to pickle the engine with regular gasoline every time you finish riding or else the engine internals will rust and you have to test each batch with a hydrometer to make sure it doesn't contain too much water to run properly.

I don't have any experience with the Smartcarb.

Based on my initial dyno results, I would run the KP Racing metering block over any other bolt-on part, including carbs. I've never seen a bolt-on that works this well.

Edited by CamP
  • Like 3

I've tested Lectron carbs in the past and they didn't make more power for me. I still have one that is converted to Methanol and it made big power, but Methanol is a big hassle because it is hygroscopic so you have to pickle the engine with regular gasoline every time you finish riding or else the engine internals will rust and you have to test each batch with a hydrometer to make sure it doesn't contain too much water to run properly.

I don't have any experience with the Smartcarb.

Based on my initial dyno results, I would run the KP Racing metering block over any other bolt-on part, including carbs. I've never seen a bolt-on that works this well.

Thats pretty crazy. Sounds like this is better than just about any external mod I can think of. If I still did moto I would be giving Keith my credit card info right about now.

Edited by 2strokenut

Would be interested to see same test including two sizes up and down of the main jet, without the metering block.

Good point it would be good to see optimal jetting (if it already hasn't been achieved) vs. the metering block.

What fuel was used for the dyno runs since you have 250psi. ? C12 ?  Would it have the same dyno results with pump fuel ? 

Edited by H4L

Would be interested to see same test including two sizes up and down of the main jet, without the metering block.

Maybe another time.

I have to thank Michael Martin at M4 Racing Exhausts for donating his dyno and dyno operator for today's testing.

• Like 4

Thanks for the participation Cam, what you have said and proven backs up what I felt riding. The SC is no comparison by the way... You will love it on the track.

Edited by DEMI
  • Like 3

Thanks for the participation Cam, what you have said and proven backs up what I felt riding. The SC is no comparison by the way... You will love it on the track.

I'm hoping to do some track testing this weekend, but the forecast is looking sketchy. Dyno testing tells the story at wide open throttle and track testing is required for part throttle response and tractability. I'm encouraged that the bike will work as well on the track, because it had a very clean/strong response on the dyno when the dyno operator transitioned from part throttle to full throttle.

Edited by CamP
  • Like 2

What fuel was used for the dyno runs since you have 250psi. ? C12 ?  Would it have the same dyno results with pump fuel ? 

I run VP110. My compression is way too high for pump gas, but I would expect similar gains for a pump gas engine.

Edited by CamP

What is the basic concept behind the operation of this unit?  Is it designed to vaporize/emulsify the fuel into finer diameter droplets which leads to more complete and efficient combustion? Is more air volume, or additional air velocity being introduced into one or more of the metering circuits which requires compensating jetting changes?  How is the unit physically operating?

Edited by APBT
  • Like 3