FC 450 Muffler screen removal

I just purchased a new FC 450 and am wondering if anyone has attempted to remove the screen from the stock muffler?  Is it an easy fix and how much did it help performance wise?

I just purchased a new FC 450 and am wondering if anyone has attempted to remove the screen from the stock muffler?  Is it an easy fix and how much did it help performance wise?

Removing a spark screen does virtually nothing but make more noise, Removing the double noise screen on the FE's , will rid restriction, but to really take advantage you need the fueling increase.

On my FC350 I removed it to put a PMB spark arrestor end cap. its a pain. I ground the spot welds off then slammed it out with a long piece of brass i had laying around. Performance wise I doubt it really does much as it's not too restrictive.

• Like 1

Bought the exhaust from the KTM 450 SXF. Good gains but still manageable. Highly recommend this if you're looking for more power.

Bought the exhaust from the KTM 450 SXF. Good gains but still manageable. Highly recommend this if you're looking for more power.

Thanks.  I think MXA reported similar gains using the KTM muffler.  I like how smooth the power is stock, but a little more hit coming out of corners would be nice.

• Like 1