Anyone else run 200 EXC on the street?

I got a 2003. Recently rebuilt. I installed the JD jet kit. Runs great after a little fixin' here and there.

I have the stock sprocket in front. I went from 48t to 44t on the rear and 1st gear is still unuseable. I ordered a 40t for $25. The bike need to be 60mph capable for short hops on the highway. Im wondering what others have for gearing

I got a 2003. Recently rebuilt. I installed the JD jet kit. Runs great after a little fixin' here and there.

I have the stock sprocket in front. I went from 48t to 44t on the rear and 1st gear is still unuseable. I ordered a 40t for $25. The bike need to be 60mph capable for short hops on the highway. Im wondering what others have for gearing

I ran 14/42 IIRC on dirt wheels and it was plenty, slightly too tall for trail work.

On motard wheels I ran 14/39 and it was very tall geared, involved a fair old launch off the line but used to pull my buddies Minja 300 which was pretty funny.

Edit : 14/45 would be an ok compromise. Easily do 60 and acceptable offroad for most uses.

Edited by BushPig