Looking to ride in Arizona/Scottsdale area

Aloha all, my inlaws live up near Rio Verde Rd in N Scottsdale, I've been riding for years but finally got my first bike (99 Kx250) I was jus wondering if nay people I see ride out here are actually on da forums :-). Mahalos for looking at the post as well :-D

Aloha all, my inlaws live up near Rio Verde Rd in N Scottsdale, I've been riding for years but finally got my first bike (99 Kx250) I was jus wondering if nay people I see ride out here are actually on da forums :-). Mahalos for looking at the post as well :-D

Hello! I'm not entirely sure what you're asking... are you asking if the people you see out riding near your in laws are here on the forum? I would say some of them probably are, yes. 

Are you looking for people in AZ to ride with? If so, are you still here in AZ? 

• Like 1

Thanks for replying guys :-D yes I live in Mesa,me and the wife and daughter jus moved here but my bike is up at the in-laws since they have a garage to hold my bike haha. I've been really wanting to ride with a group of peeps as I'm from Hawaii and jus got my bike,I dnt know much people/riders here

:-( I've been ripping up the trails their but have been wanting to experience trying to launch jumps now n stuff. It jus sucks cuz I dnt have a truck soooooooo theirs a dilemma

They have carriers which is another option if you don't have a pickup. I have FJ, but seen these work for Jeeps, SUVs & SUTs, even minivans. Seeing the one on a minivan was classic. It was in Ocotillo Wells / Borrego Springs, CA. Young dude with what was obviously his mother's van, his 2t smoker and working it with tow hitch hauler! 

Here's a pic of my setup and it's perfectly awesome setup. Only shitty thing is during travel, you can't easily open rear, and will find yourself spiker monkeying from the back seat if you need to get to items in rear. Pack the whip accordingly. 

Do you ride in Rio Verde? Do you have garage-to-trail options near your family's place? If not, here are four places fairly close to you/them. If you're street legal, they are all close enough to Rio Verde that you can ride to, rip and ride home. That is, if you are street legal dual sport. If not, you will need to figure out way to get your bike to trail heads. 

Rolls OHV is very close to you.

FourPeaks recreation park is close to you as well.

Sycamore Creek is out there too.

Bulldog Canyon, but you need gate code. Call for day pass. 

I've never ridden in Rio Verde. If you have some sneaky awesome trails up there, do tell. I'd drive up there and ride. That's only 30 min from me. 

Cheers, 

carrier.JPG

• Like 1

Jus take it easy, I went riding yesterday and found a ton of trails :-) where my bike is, I usually hoo on and ride down to a 152nd St. And then to dixelita then to 160th,anyways,its a single track trail that leads to wat I was told was called "power line" where it's a trial that u ride along the massive power line towers which was pretty awesome, lots of whoops and some rocky and deep sand areas, here's my cell to contact me fellas 8089369187, I usually ride only Saturdays but would love to meet up wit some of y'all to ride. I usually go by myself cuz my father inalw is usually busy and the boys have football right now,

That's rural neighborhood with desert in between, right? Near Vista Verde golf course? I'm down to check that out area. How long of a loop do you think it is.

A trail fairly close to you that I've done once is called Wildcat Pass, which is just north – pretty close. Take Cave Creek Road east from Pima, make right on Bartlett Dam Road. It's on your right, just past ranger station. Single track, pretty easy stuff. However, if you can't get bike to trailhead, that might not help you. 

Also, there's a trail system over near Wildcat, that's closer to you (off 136th st) which I believe is simply called Tonto National Forest Single Track. 

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=3305021&code=a8ecc5578f65b260ed8530c919d4451f

You will have to prolly ride dirty on some roads to get there, but I can't imagine you being messed with too much up there unless you're lifting the front tire near those nice homes. 

The beauty of having a street legal dirt bike...nothing is off limits. 

The latter of the two appears to be the south end of the wildcat trail system, so they may connect. Not sure, but as soon as the weather cools off a tick more, I'll be riding more often. 

Will try to connect with ya.

• Like 1

Awesome brotha, ya 136th St is very familiar to me, our good friends live on that St,off of windstone trail, I jus go up dixelita to 144th,take a dirt trail and on to windstone, that website everytrail looks awesome, I'll look into trying to make a marker of where I go ride out their ;-) honestly it hasn't been that hot, and its only getting cooler so I'm down to ride Saturdays peeps ;-) and I ride dirty all da time haha. I'm usually conservative wen going threw neighbor hoods and ranch's with animals but rip it wen nothings around ;-)