2017 350sxf any idea where this came from?

al transmision shaft needle bearing use 2mm thick pins , so i think it is from a needle bearing . but normaly you puth both shaft complete with the sprockets in one time in the engine ,so how can it come out a bearinghousing . but the sxf 350 do not use 10mm wide needle bearings (with 8mm pins) on the trany. the only 2mm x 8 mm pin they use is on the clutch housing bearing. this is a double  needle bearing . so if the pin is 2mm x 8.2mm exactly it is from this bearing.   ktm part 56532095000. but do not blame me if i am wrong. if i was you i remove the compleet clutch and look at this bearing. 

Edited by speedboot
  • Like 3

Good information speedboot I appreciate that.KTM has responded and feels it is from a needle bearing or it could have fallen in on assembly they gave me two options ride the bike and see what happens or have my dealer disassemble find out the issue to prevent a catastrophic failure which of course is the way I'll go

Edited by fish10

That is extremely helpful information, speedboot!  Great job of identifying the most likely source of the problem.

Henryrifle

fish 10. who will pay the bill . when the dealer disassemble the engine and thy find nothing . it is your word that you find the needle on the magnet . when there is a needle missing on a bearing ok ,but when nothing is wrong who pay the bill. first off all ,let them take out the compleet clutch and look at the bearing  before removing the compleet engine out of the chassis

Edited by speedboot
  • Like 1

I guess everything is in context speedboat, I am a loyal customer who has owned over 20 ktms since 1997, they trust that I am legit and fairly competent, whatever happens we will work it out, it's what responsible people do. I did suggest that the clutch housing be checked first as per your suggestion

Edited by fish10

Looks like oil pump locating pin.

May have been lost on assembly. Definitely have dealer check it out.

• Like 1

Speedboot, looks like I owe you a beer next time you're near Pittsburgh so far they found the clutch housing bearing with one needle missing they don't think there's any damage but they're still going to split the rest of the cases

• Like 6

Speedboot, looks like I owe you a beer next time you're near Pittsburgh so far they found the clutch housing bearing with one needle missing they don't think there's any damage but they're still going to split the rest of the cases

Good news Ken, that puppy gonna be ready for high point vet fest?