WP aer48 revalve

I will tinker a bit more this weekend. Thanks Addeeriksson

Hey Ken i went out and tried 152psi and 5.0kg 38 static

stock comp  F and R

Fork rebound 12

shock rebound 10

huge improvement over my previous 146psi and 4.6kg spring  i was skeptical more psi would be harsh but it was the exact opposite forks were very plush

still feel the shock needs some more fine tuning to fix some issues but its definitely close

stock comp  F and R

Fork rebound 12

shock rebound 10

huge improvement over my previous 146psi and 4.6kg spring  i was skeptical more psi would be harsh but it was the exact opposite forks were very plush

still feel the shock needs some more fine tuning to fix some issues but its definitely close

180 or 200 oil?

stock comp F and R

Fork rebound 12

shock rebound 10

huge improvement over my previous 146psi and 4.6kg spring i was skeptical more psi would be harsh but it was the exact opposite forks were very plush

Roger that! I'm gonna try more air thanks for the info

Roger that! I'm gonna try more air thanks for the info

Jay went out and ran 150 psi in the forks, wow what a difference. And it was a hard baked out track today and the front felt good. Thanks for the info and settings. The harshness was gone.

Glad to hear mate i owe it to addeeriksson he gave the settings to me haha

It funny how as soon as we feel harshness we automatically think its to stiff when really its to soft

Edited by jay_88
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

17 350sxf

Vet novice/intermediate 198lbs

I was riding with great confidence and comfort with the following settings:  Fork:  138psi  20c 12r   Shock: 42n/mm spring 104mm sag   1 1/4HS  3c 10r

Other riders of ability and weight liked the handling also.

I sent out the suspension for a revalve to a reputable tuner here in the coast of Texas.

It came back with the following recommendations and setup:  Forks: 180cc oil  160psi 14c 12r   Shock:  2HS  16c 12r  4.8kg/mm spring with 7mm of preload.

My sag sitting came in around 96mm with this preload and when rode felt very stinkbug.  Tuner recommends measuring sag standing with arms down by your sides and he wants 108mm.  I could not get anywhere close to this sag and have any preload. 

I tried a 45n/mm spring next and got 30/108mm measured per instructions.  Still may later try the stock 42n/mm as it sure felt fine. 

I haven't had much time to test but have lowered fork pressures and played with clickers a bit.  I notice the most that the slap down spike feeling off of jumps is more pronounced than my stock setup (wonder if oil volume is contributing, should I try 200cc again).  The bike is also harsher in the front end than before and I feel more beat up in my arms than before. 

missing the stock feeling as of right now.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like your tuner is just guessing and are way off. I would ask him to put stock back in. When i was running 42 rear on my 450 (and 350 in US during pre-season) i had around 10mm preload and same SAG as you, but 148psi in fork. 180 oil is a no go when you are as heavy as that (im 200lbs) and 200 oil is needed.

Why did you have it revalved? The stock setup on 2017 is so good that you can fix any issues by just adapting clickers, rear spring, SAG and air pressure.

Go back to stock, slap on a 45 or better 48 for your weight. Set the static sag to 38mm on 45 or 48nm spring (can try 35 also but need more air pressure in that case), clickers to 15/15/2.5 on shock and c15/R12-15 on fork%2

Edited by addeeriksson

Sounds like your tuner is just guessing and are way off. I would ask him to put stock back in. When i was running 42 rear on my 450 (and 350 in US during pre-season) i had around 10mm preload and same SAG as you, but 148psi in fork. 180 oil is a no go when you are as heavy as that (im 200lbs) and 200 oil is needed.

Why did you have it revalved? The stock setup on 2017 is so good that you can fix any issues by just adapting clickers, rear spring, SAG and air pressure.

Go back to stock, slap on a 45 or better 48 for your weight. Set the static sag to 38mm on 45 or 48nm spring (can try 35 also but need more air pressure in that case), clickers to 15/15/2.5 on shock and c15/R12-15 on fork%2

Well I thought that a revalve would help due to being at 3 out from fully closed on shock compression and I was looking for a more controlled or dead feel.

I may end up going back to stock if this doesn't work out.

Tuner put motorex 5w fork oil in. All I have handy is KYB01m. Is that compatible enough that I can put 20cc in to bring the forks back to 200?

The 4.8 rear spring wouldn't hardly let me get any sag numbers without it being almost zero preload.

I suspect your 48 was a stiff 48 and your 45 a soft 45 , sadly wp springs don't rate as they should, as much as 2 rates out, you could have a 50 and a 42 , tuners can rate them so you know , a 48 should be OK and if not the 45 should be

Any 5 wt will be fine

• Like 1

I'm surprised how light in the spring guys are going. I'm at 220 with no gear, run a 5.4 spring and need a revalve because I'm getting rub marks under my rear fender. Using 152 psi up front. Having midvalve adjusted along with oil height.

It has little to do with the actual spring rate if you get rubber marks or not, more about balance (within reasonable rates).

I was bottoming out my front and rear with 42nm+148psi, as well as doing it now with 48nm and 154psi. But i recognize that i would like to go to 50-52 rear and increase air pressure in fork to reasonable levels, at least to test it for my 200lbs/187cm B-rider. I know an 35yo top 5 MXGP rider is running around 165psi and 52-56 in rear springs.

Edited by addeeriksson