WP aer48 revalve

Hey guys just wondering who you've sent your aer forks and your shock to? I'm having confidence issues and can't get the bike to feel right...

I have two sets of WP 4CS spring forks. i will trade you one set for your AERs. You can pick. 22 hours on one set with everything you can buy from Factory Connection...OR...Brand New UNUSED WP 4CS spring forks. Perhaps if you don't trade, some one else would be interested?

I have two sets of WP 4CS spring forks. i will trade you one set for your AERs. You can pick. 22 hours on one set with everything you can buy from Factory Connection...OR...Brand New UNUSED WP 4CS spring forks. Perhaps if you don't trade, some one else would be interested?

With all due respect I would not trade you a dirty pair of socks for those forks... We've fought our battles with them...
  • Like 1

With all due respect I would not trade you a dirty pair of socks for those forks... We've fought our battles with them...

No offense taken. I don't think the 4CS's are that bad. Just want to try the air forks before I switch brands.

This what I've settled on on my 16 KTM 450 FE. I'm 200 lb vet B rider. I did spin one revolution out on the shock spring and haven't measured it yet actually. I ride Ohio and PA MX tracks primarily. What settings you using?

Forks:

Air pressure 145 psi

Compression 20 out

10 out on rebound

Shock:

5.2KG spring

100 mm race sag

35 mm static sag

2 out on high speed comp

15 out on low speed comp

10 out on rebound

Corey at ProTune. Ive had 2 companies "revalve" my AER48's and still was getting a very hard spike when landing nose wheel up. I decided to go and do yet another company and this time it was ProTune. Below is my copy and pasted review from another site.

Ive ridden 2 solid days on different tracks with the revalve from ProTune suspension. Overall I am very happy with the work Corey performed. I was extremely pessimistic when sending the fork out, but i figured a couple hundred dollars was better than $350 for the A48R or the $500 spring conversion. This was my last attempt before springs.

Day 1: rode a very small local track with nothing really big. However, my fork problems were always the worst at this place. It has many rolling jumps where the front lands nose wheel up and slams down in the dirt. whoops have never been an issue with the AER48, and they still are not after Corey's setup. The added cup shim/float cured about 90% of the harshness that I was feeling. I still have minor deflection but I rode the entire day feeling very good and not getting beat up by the forks. He told me to drop down to 165ml on the left fork, and because of my cup to measure I only got down to 175. During the week I am going to drop down to 160, possibly 155ml and test that at the track. I have not bottomed out at all the past 2 days with the oil level this low.  

Day 2: Fast track with a many small 15 foot jumps and extreme amounts of acceleration and breaking bumps. The fork was flawless the entire day. My last moto of the day I was "racing" my friend. we were at it for about 15 minutes of pushing it hard everywhere. I was beginning to get fatigued and I felt deflection over the bumps. I assumed it was because my body was tired. After I parked at the truck, I noticed my left fork was about 7 mm below the second line while the right was right on the second line. 

Overall: for $200 total I got a great revalve from ProTune that almost solved the deflection problem (It still might solve it 100% with some fine tuning). I still have some more tuning to accomplish, but overall this was easily the best money I've spent on this bike so far. I am sure the A48R helps the fork feel more linear, but for the money its just not worth it too me.

Edited by Orion6781

This what I've settled on on my 16 KTM 450 FE. I'm 200 lb vet B rider. I did spin one revolution out on the shock spring and haven't measured it yet actually. I ride Ohio and PA MX tracks primarily. What settings you using?

Forks:

Air pressure 145 psi

Compression 20 out

10 out on rebound

Shock:

5.2KG spring

100 mm race sag

35 mm static sag

2 out on high speed comp

15 out on low speed comp

10 out on rebound

do you bottom out much?? im a b grader 200lb and at 146psi and standard comp (17 i think) i was bottoming still

Corey at ProTune. Ive had 2 companies "revalve" my AER48's and still was getting a very hard spike when landing nose wheel up. I decided to go and do yet another company and this time it was ProTune. Below is my copy and pasted review from another site.

Ive ridden 2 solid days on different tracks with the revalve from ProTune suspension. Overall I am very happy with the work Corey performed. I was extremely pessimistic when sending the fork out, but i figured a couple hundred dollars was better than $350 for the A48R or the $500 spring conversion. This was my last attempt before springs.

Day 1: rode a very small local track with nothing really big. However, my fork problems were always the worst at this place. It has many rolling jumps where the front lands nose wheel up and slams down in the dirt. whoops have never been an issue with the AER48, and they still are not after Corey's setup. The added cup shim/float cured about 90% of the harshness that I was feeling. I still have minor deflection but I rode the entire day feeling very good and not getting beat up by the forks. He told me to drop down to 165ml on the left fork, and because of my cup to measure I only got down to 175. During the week I am going to drop down to 160, possibly 155ml and test that at the track. I have not bottomed out at all the past 2 days with the oil level this low.  

Day 2: Fast track with a many small 15 foot jumps and extreme amounts of acceleration and breaking bumps. The fork was flawless the entire day. My last moto of the day I was "racing" my friend. we were at it for about 15 minutes of pushing it hard everywhere. I was beginning to get fatigued and I felt deflection over the bumps. I assumed it was because my body was tired. After I parked at the truck, I noticed my left fork was about 7 mm below the second line while the right was right on the second line. 

Overall: for $200 total I got a great revalve from ProTune that almost solved the deflection problem (It still might solve it 100% with some fine tuning). I still have some more tuning to accomplish, but overall this was easily the best money I've spent on this bike so far. I am sure the A48R helps the fork feel more linear, but for the money its just not worth it too me.

Orion,

What other site do you speak of? Always looking for more input on everything. Thanks dude. Hope you get them working like you want.

Ktmtalk. Look for a thread about AER midvalve. When I wrote this review I was at 165 ml in the right and 175 in left. Clickers were at 16 and air at 145. I since went down to 155 in the left and will add more if I need more bottoming resistance.

do you bottom out much?? im a b grader 200lb and at 146psi and standard comp (17 i think) i was bottoming still

I still do bottom out occasionally if I make a mistake on some of the larger jumps. I also notice the air pressure will jump up 2-3 psi at times if I start riding earlier in the morning into the heat of afternoon so I check the pressure periodically. The slap down landings are still harsh but that's my only complaint with the fork. Like others are stating I may look for some outside suspension help this winter.

I still do bottom out occasionally if I make a mistake on some of the larger jumps. I also notice the air pressure will jump up 2-3 psi at times if I start riding earlier in the morning into the heat of afternoon so I check the pressure periodically. The slap down landings are still harsh but that's my only complaint with the fork. Like others are stating I may look for some outside suspension help this winter.

I think you are running to little air, but it is a matter of preference. B rider, 198 pounds with 48 rear spring @ 38mm static and i run 153PSI and forks between first and second line. Rebound makes a big difference in ride hight. i Run 10-11 on both rear and front. Sometimes up to 13-14 in front if i want to raise it a bit. Comp is both on 15-16 and high speed 2.5.

I think you are running to little air, but it is a matter of preference. B rider, 198 pounds with 48 rear spring @ 38mm static and i run 153PSI and forks between first and second line. Rebound makes a big difference in ride hight. i Run 10-11 on both rear and front. Sometimes up to 13-14 in front if i want to raise it a bit. Comp is both on 15-16 and high speed 2.5.

I will tinker a bit more this weekend. Thanks Addeeriksson

Does anyone know if there are changes to the European AER 48 for 2017?

The x-ring should be updated and also read some about the fork-tubes being updated.

How about the valving between the 16-17? (also curious about valving changes to the shock but that's a bit offtopic in this thread I guess)

Read in the manual for 2017 that KTM now recommends 105mm / 35mm sags so that's new. I actually liked the sag on 110 on my 2016, good feeling and traction.