Devil's Backbone Trail Conditions/Pot Peak & 25 Mile camp?

Ha, looks like I'll be replying to my own post!

Just spoke with the very helpful Ential Ranger Station folks and it turns out that both trails are maintained and have been cut out this year. So, barring weekly blowdown, I'm riding 'em!  Thanks to Jon Meier who heads up their recreation support for us motorized folks after Randy McLandress retired and Cody and Forney who are their "on the ground" educational riders!  It's a great trail system ... go enjoy it!

They did say that 1445 Four Mile Ridge I believe has NOT been maintained ... but I think I saw Steve's video going up and down it though that may not have been from this year!

And their Maps are always helpful.  Either the motorcycle-specific at the bottom of the page of the GEO located PDFs with phone apps ...

enjoy!

Devils Backbone to Chelan - 3 or 2 trails?.png

Great pix Chris ... um, but if I can, getting back to the title, we rode from Devil's Backbone down to Chelan on what we believed was the 25 mile creek trail this past weekend, but looking at topo maps now wonder if it began as the Lone Peak trail.  Anyway, it was WAY brushy, at times almost forcing you off the bike.  Only one small log so no big deal there but the brush was bothersome to the point we weren't having fun, even though it's a really fun trail bed.  Would like to see a work party of us folks attack that, or the USFS work crews?  Also, want to understand if there are three trails heading down from the backbone as my topo shows, or only two as the USFS moto map shows?  Is there a Lone Peak trail that cuts off of Devil's Backbone just south of where the Lake Creek trail junction is?  With then 25 Mile Creek being a couple miles down along the BackBone and then further still to get to Pot Peak?  Topo maps sometimes show very old trail beds so we trusted the USFS map instead of my GPS ... any thoughts?  I've attached a screen shot from my topo map showing what I see as three X junctions on Devil's Backbone for 1264, 25 Mile Creek and Pot Peak ... are there 3 or 2 trails down?

• 2 weeks later...