Charlotte MXGP Cancelled?

At least that's the rumor flying around on Twitter by Reed and Webb. All due to Hurricane Hermine that is hitting the area. I haven't seen any confirmation by the MXGP folks. Anybody know if this is true?

I wonder if the Euro's are like., "what the fuq is a hurricane, I thought he retired!?"  🤦

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ3HHwGA_rY/

• Like 3

Yup it was all canceled today. I had tickets and live down the street so I went to just check it out. All the gates closed and no spectators there. Walked around a little and got to see the track. Found a gate open on the side and I walked out onto the track and about lost my shoes in the mud. Only some of the jump faces and some of the landings are covered. Track is absolutely soaked. Should be fun to watch tomorrow

• Like 1

It's been said they are going to push the dirt around so as to make it drier.. Don't really see it working if only a few jump faces are covered, though.

Rain has stopped, they have almost 24 hours to dry it out which im guessing they'll do. The dirt they are racing on is slick and a nightmare red clay sucks.