Need specs for an EFI conversion

Hey guys, I am working on an '87 Yamaha BW200 that is being bored and stroked to 249cc and I have decided to run a Microsquirt on it. I bought a '13 KX250F throttle body with the upstream injector, lines, and throttle cable for the build, but to program the Microsquirt I need to know the flow rates of the injectors (I will only be using the primary but it may be nice to know the flow of the secondary just for kicks) as well as the pressure the fuel system operates at. I have scoured around and not found the info. Thanks for the help!

Hey guys, I am working on an '87 Yamaha BW200 that is being bored and stroked to 249cc and I have decided to run a Microsquirt on it. I bought a '13 KX250F throttle body with the upstream injector, lines, and throttle cable for the build, but to program the Microsquirt I need to know the flow rates of the injectors (I will only be using the primary but it may be nice to know the flow of the secondary just for kicks) as well as the pressure the fuel system operates at. I have scoured around and not found the info. Thanks for the help!

First off, good luck. DIYautotune products are junk. I wouldn't run a craftsman ride on with one. My experience with a mega squirt pro 3 unit that was given to us was beyond a headache.

The project - sounds sweet. I have never looked into the pulse widths or flow rates of the injectors on these bikes. Even with the Kawasaki programmer you can only add points of fuel. You don't know the base pulse width fro, which you're starting. Just more or less.

I would call vortex and beg and plead for some info. They would have to know a pulse width, duty cycle, and flow rate of the injector because they sell ECU.s for these bikes. Or you could try and back out the injector part number from a Kawasaki # and find out who actually makes it and see if you can find the manufacturer # for specs.

The I don't remember if the manual or ski doo in valcourt gave me flow rates when I was doing a turbo sled for school. I know it's not in my Kawasaki manual for these. If you run into other issues let me know.

What are you using for a pulse wheel? Are you adding a battery?

I'll be running a 12-3 cam wheel for the timing, and the bike is electric start so it already has a battery. I will give Vortex a call tomorrow and see if they can't help me out. I would assume the service manual has the info-- too bad it costs as much as what I paid for the all the KX parts. The Microsquirt I scored on eBay, but I know the company your talking about. I know I could just run a carb and it would be quicker, easier, and cheaper, but I felt like EFI would be a neat learning experience.

In the mean time if anyone comes across the info it may save me some begging...

One of the things you will learn is---------WHAT THE HELL WAS i THINKING??? :facepalm:

Edited by YHGEORGE

So there wasn't a phone number to contact the people at Vortex that I needed to speak with so I sent an email. Still haven't heard back and I'm not thinking I'm going to. Anyone think Kawasaki would give up the info if I called them or do I need to track someone down with a service manual?

So there wasn't a phone number to contact the people at Vortex that I needed to speak with so I sent an email. Still haven't heard back and I'm not thinking I'm going to. Anyone think Kawasaki would give up the info if I called them or do I need to track someone down with a service manual?

Kawasaki likely will not give up that info, unless you have somebody thats an engineering contact, and a reason to give it to you. You wanting to EFI a bike with their parts is not a reason that they would feel the need to give it to you unfortunately. 

You can buy electronic copies of service manuals from various places online for like 5$. 

I called Kawasaki and the lady claimed they can only provide info that's in the owners manual, and suggested I call a dealership that may be able to look it up in one of their manuals. I found one for $15 I was about to get, but if you have a link to a cheaper one I would be all about it.