Trouble selling bike?

Some people just meant, no extra money like rims, plastics, etc...Fixing brakes is typical maintenance and should be done no matter what.

fair enough

• Like 1

I really hope this doesnt come off as rude , but whenever I see a bike where the owner can not correctly route the front brake line, its an instant red light in my head as to the type of care the bike received. Another flag to me from the pictures is that the radiator louvers are missing, and it appears the skid plate is missing. The bikes I see missing this stuff are usually rather torched.

FWIW, I had that same bike back in 2011 (had the 2012 dual induction setup on it too).  Paid 5400 brand new OTD in April of 11. At 75 hours the valves still hadnt required any shimming (B class mx).  I tore it down to put a carillo rod in it for precaution, did a piston, and just put copper seats and valves in it so I didnt have a valve issue with a brand new lower end.   Bike brought 3400$ spring of 2014 with 115 hours on the meter.

I have fortunately put myself in a position where I can afford to buy new, and usually after racing them for two seasons its cheaper to do it this way than buy used and be replacing parts all the time.  When  Isell them, They're usually gone in a week or two at most.  I put the stock OEM plastic with OEM graphics back on that were removed and never ridden on, and make sure its clean as a whistle. 

• Like 1

Good eye on the missing rad louvers and front brake line routed wrong,

makes you think if these simple things are missing/done incorrectly, how are the more serious maintenance items taken care of.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

In my opinion and remember opinion ode pay 2200 for that bike if I hadn't had some bad luck with the kid Now if it were stock ode pay you more just my opinion good luck

I really hope this doesnt come off as rude , but whenever I see a bike where the owner can not correctly route the front brake line, its an instant red light in my head as to the type of care the bike received. Another flag to me from the pictures is that the radiator louvers are missing, and it appears the skid plate is missing. The bikes I see missing this stuff are usually rather torched.

FWIW, I had that same bike back in 2011 (had the 2012 dual induction setup on it too).  Paid 5400 brand new OTD in April of 11. At 75 hours the valves still hadnt required any shimming (B class mx).  I tore it down to put a carillo rod in it for precaution, did a piston, and just put copper seats and valves in it so I didnt have a valve issue with a brand new lower end.   Bike brought 3400$ spring of 2014 with 115 hours on the meter.

I have fortunately put myself in a position where I can afford to buy new, and usually after racing them for two seasons its cheaper to do it this way than buy used and be replacing parts all the time.  When  Isell them, They're usually gone in a week or two at most.  I put the stock OEM plastic with OEM graphics back on that were removed and never ridden on, and make sure its clean as a whistle. 

Good eye on the missing rad louvers and front brake line routed wrong,

makes you think if these simple things are missing/done incorrectly, how are the more serious maintenance items taken care of.

missing radiator louvers is always a turn off for me. even though I can replace with eBay china radiators for cheap it just shows a lack of overall interest/care in the bike. Front brake line is just a chuckle for me. Easy to fix but also shows lack of interest/care in the bike. 

Would definitely get some OEM graphics to make the radiator shrouds look better.