Anyone have a look at the 2017 TE150?

Looking to downsize off my KTM 250, was originally thinking a 125 but after looking around online this bike really intrigues me. Has anyone had a look, or ride on one yet? A place somewhat local has one listed in stock on their website, i'd like to go check it out. The price tag is around $8k which isnt horrible in my opinion, any insight on it? Ive looked around and not much has been said about it yet. 

Read that whole post, that guy seems like a serious tinker-er and nice to see he hasnt done much but the carb. One thing i really dont like about my KTM is the suspension but hes ranting & raving about it on the 150. Im also a bit lighter than him but worse case it gets revalved & springs. 

Took a look today at one, the dealership got 4 in, they all sold almost instantly, the last 2 they have one guy was going to get a down payment that day... So they have 1 left, i got a descent % with 3k down for one im gonna hop on it as soon as my bike sells. Hopefully itll still be there!

• Like 1

I wound up putting a deposit on it, still trying to sell my bike but i have a couple reasons on getting a brand new bike. 

1. I have 0 credit so far in my life & would like to change that. I hate credit cards, I own a car, truck & motorcycle so I dont have any payments besides insurance as far as vehicles goes.

2. Im really not happy with my 250 in the woods, im sure i could dump money into it and make it nice but at the end of the day its a 10 year old bike that already has a bit of money dumped into it.

3. This seems like the cream of the crop for the type of riding I do & type of rider I am. Light weight, electric start, headlamp, improved suspension are just a few key aspects in my eyes. 

Ill keep you guys posted on it hopefully I can get down to pick it up this week, next week at the latest. 

if you don't mind, what was the Out the Door price?

$7,7xx I cant remember off the top of my head & dont have the papers with me. They offered wrap arounds & skid plates but I wont be riding it till next season & i wanna tinker with it so i declined (and I didnt wanna over pay for someone to do simple jobs such as those). 

• 3 weeks later...

I rode one two days ago.

Impressions

Light as a feather

Suspension has never been touched and worked really well, was nice in the rock and not too soft in the whoops (I weigh 190 lbs). Xplor forks didn't beat me up and the rear stayed planted.

Handling was not twitchy like my KTM's.

Real bad flat spot going into the upper mid but other than that I was very impressed.

I wish I had one.

I rode one two days ago.

Impressions

Light as a feather

Suspension has never been touched and worked really well, was nice in the rock and not too soft in the whoops (I weigh 190 lbs). Xplor forks didn't beat me up and the rear stayed planted.

Handling was not twitchy like my KTM's.

Real bad flat spot going into the upper mid but other than that I was very impressed.

I wish I had one.

Picked on up a few weeks ago, still fine tuning the carb but loving it so far! 

DSC_0023.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Looking to downsize off my KTM 250, was originally thinking a 125 but after looking around online this bike really intrigues me. Has anyone had a look, or ride on one yet? A place somewhat local has one listed in stock on their website, i'd like to go check it out. The price tag is around $8k which isnt horrible in my opinion, any insight on it? Ive looked around and not much has been said about it yet. 

I rode one, just go buy it.