Moto Apps That Are Da $#@!??? Read more... ×

NEW - Baja Designs AC Circuit for LED Lighting - Easily Run Lights on Almost Any Bike!

We are NOW offering AC versions of our popular Squadron and XL Series Motorcycle Lighting!  All you need is a minimum of 40watts AC power and your bike must come factory with a lighting coil.
This allows 2 stroke KTM, CRF250/450x, and many other bikes to run our lights with ZERO electrical system modifications.

Please See Our Stator Reference Chart For Your Bikes Electrical Output:

"My Bikes output is 50 watts, what can I run?"
40 - 80 watts = Squadron Sport + XL Sport
80 + watts = Squadron Sport, Squadron Pro, XL Sport, XL Pro

ENTER: "BDForums" discount code for 10% OFF and $5 shipping to the lower 48

www.bajadesigns.com 

557071_l2.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For Example,
Honda CRF250/450X puts out 40W AC from the factory. Previously the owner would need the following to run our Squadron Sport LED Race lights:
QTY: 1 - Stator Rewind $175 (12-6029)
QTY: 1 - Regulator/Rectifier $49.95 (12-2004)
QTY: 1 - Wiring Harness $39.95 (61-1049)
QTY: 1 - Squadron Sport, CRF/X LED Light $149.95 (557071)
TOTAL: $414.85

NOW ...with these new AC models, the same CRF250/450x owner will need:
QTY: 1 - AC Squadron Sport, LED Race Light, RED $199.95 (557071AC)
TOTAL: $199.95 (TT $179.95) - "BDForums" discount code
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

But wait!  There is more!  These AC Models include a Module that is easily removed allowing the light to run on DC Power.  This allows you to transfer the light between bikes if needed.  
You can be running our Squadron Pro on a 200 XC/XC-W and switch to your 500 EXC with NO ISSUES

Please Post Up if you have any questions or comments.  More Information Below...

ENTER: "BDForums" discount code for 10% OFF and $5 shipping to the lower 48

www.bajadesigns.com

Edited by Baja Designs
  • Like 9

Please See our Stator Reference Chart For Your Bikes Electrical Output:

"My Bikes output is 50 watts, what can I run?"
40 - 80 watts = Squadron Sport, XL Sport
80 + watts = Squadron Sport, Squadron Pro, XL Sport, XL Pro

POPULAR BIKES - * KITS UTILIZING FACTORY HEADLIGHT SHELLS *

CRF250/450X (40W AC)
- Squadron Sport - 2260 Lumens - 20W/1.4A - $179.95 -  HERE

06-07 KTM 2-Stroke XC/XC-W (100W AC w/ k3 Stator)
- Squadron Sport - 2260 - 20W/1.4A - $179.95HERE
- Squadron Pro - 4900 Lumens - 40W/3.33A - $269.95HERE

08-13 KTM 2-Stroke XC/XC-W (100W AC w/ k3 Stator)
- Squadron Sport - 2260 Lumens - 20W/1.4A - $179.95HERE
- XL Sport - 2260 Lumens - 20W/1.4A - $292.45HERE
- XL Pro - 4900 Lumens - 40W/3.33A - $382.45HERE

14-16 KTM 2-Stroke XC/XC-W (100W AC w/ k3 Stator)
- Squadron Sport - 2260 Lumens - 20W/1.4A - $179.95HERE
- XL Sport - 2260 Lumens - 20W/1.4A - $292.45HERE
- XL Pro - 4900 Lumens - 40W/3.33A - $382.45HERE

We also offer Universal  Squadron Series Motorcycle Race Lights!  AC Models starting at $197.95
Edited by Baja Designs
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2016 at 0:19 PM, 454x said:

What would I use for a 2014 Beta 300RR?

Thanks.

Your Beta 300RR is very much like the KTM 2 stroke from an electrical output standpoint.  You have 100W AC to work with...

You will need to use one of our Squadron  Universal Polisport Race Lights.  

Squadron Sport AC - 2260 Lumens - $197.95

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-Sport-MC-LED-Race-Light.asp

Squadron Pro AC - 4,900 Lumens - $269.95

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Squadron-Pro-MC-LED-Race-Light.asp

Available in Red, White, Black, and Blue

Edited by Baja Designs
  • Like 1

On 9/23/2016 at 3:51 PM, Bricktop72 said:

Will it work with a 1997 Yamaha wr250 with a single wire lighting output? What will the brightness be like with the pathetic 45w stock output?

"Correct.  You can run our Squadron Sport Universal LED Motorcycle Race Light.  They draw 20w so your stator will be able to handle any of these lights. You are looking at gaining over 3x the usable light running one of these lights over a halogen headlight. 

Feel free to check the OP or the Link Below for your and other bikes electrical output:

https://www.bajadesi...rence-Chart.asp

Squadron Sport AC - 2260 Lumens - $197.95

https://www.bajadesi...-Race-Light.asp

Available in Red, White, Black, and Blue"

Edited by Baja Designs

will this LED be more dim at idle and then gain full brightness when the revs go up a little?  or consistent brightness as with a DC system?

can this be run hi/lo?  (Probably not DOT legal, but, can it have 2 brightness levels?  3 technically..off, "low", and "high")  need a dimmer box?

will this LED be more dim at idle and then gain full brightness when the revs go up a little?  or consistent brightness as with a DC system?

can this be run hi/lo?  (Probably not DOT legal, but, can it have 2 brightness levels?  3 technically..off, "low", and "high")  need a dimmer box?

This will not experience the dimming at idle or low rpms,  It will be just like a DC system.

We have not currently tested these lights with dimmers.  The Squadron Sport and S2 Pro are often used on the street without them, 

I have a 2009 Husqvarna SMR510 (same as TE or FE) the factory light is a ba20D 12V 35W bulb. Will one of the new AC systems work with my bike? Also, this is my daily rider so I need a high/low beam. 

I have a 2009 Husqvarna SMR510 (same as TE or FE) the factory light is a ba20D 12V 35W bulb. Will one of the new AC systems work with my bike? Also, this is my daily rider so I need a high/low beam. 

For your 2009 SMR510 you will need to run one of our Squadron/S2 Universal Polisport Kits.  All of our KTM specific kits will not work unless you change the KTM plastics.  You have 100W AC to work with...We do not have a dimmer available that will work with these AC Lights.  Since you are looking to ride on the street I would highly suggest our Squadron Sport or S2 Pro Race Lights.  They are definitely more street friendly than the Squadron Pro.

Edited by Baja Designs

These are offered without blinkers, correct?

One of the reasons I've never bought a BD kit is that it seems many kits I've seen come with blinkers. They're not required in my state to be street legal, and it just gives me something extra to break (and pay for that I don't want).

My bike is already street legal, but none of my lights work, they were just "rigged" to pass inspection. I got caught in the dark the other day, and it wasn't particularly fun. 

These are offered without blinkers, correct?

One of the reasons I've never bought a BD kit is that it seems many kits I've seen come with blinkers. They're not required in my state to be street legal, and it just gives me something extra to break (and pay for that I don't want).

My bike is already street legal, but none of my lights work, they were just "rigged" to pass inspection. I got caught in the dark the other day, and it wasn't particularly fun. 

Correct.  All of these AC kits are currently being offered with only the Lights themselves.  The Universal Kits include polisport masks and others replace the Factory Headlight using OEM Plastics.  

Your 96 WR250 has 40 watts output AC from the factory.  You can run our Squadron Sport or S2 Pro on your bike starting at $197.95  

Edited by Baja Designs
  • Like 1

Get your PRE orders in NOW !!! Click the links above or call (800)-422-5292x114 to order with discount.  ETA: 10/13/2016!!!

Thank You,

Bailey, Baja Designs

Edited by Baja Designs

On 9/27/2016 at 8:54 AM, Baja Designs said:

Get your PRE orders in NOW !!! Click the links above to order with discount.  ETA: 10/13/2016!!!

Thanks for all of the Pre-Orders everyone!  We have a NEW Release Date of 10/13/16... Get your pre-orders in now to be one of the first with these NEW AC Lights!

These work with Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg. Kawasaki, KTM, Suzuki, Yamaha, and MORE !!!  All you need is minimum 40W AC stator output & your bike must be equipped with a Factory Lighting Coil.

Thank You,

Bailey, Baja Designs

Edited by Baja Designs

So with a 04' 300exc with the 2K2, your reference chart shows a note of "purchase of 2K# stator and flywheel".  Is this necessary?

Do you have a setup for the new 17 te300? Or can I get just the light itself without the mask?

Email sent yesterday.  For all other 17 Husqvarna and KTM owners we are currently in the product development staged for the 2017 kits.  ETA 10-11/2016

So with a 04' 300exc with the 2K2, your reference chart shows a note of "purchase of 2K# stator and flywheel".  Is this necessary?

The K2 Stator puts out 40W AC.  You can run our Squadron Sport, S2 Pro, or XL Sport without modifications.  It is not necessary to purchase the K3 stator unless you are looking to run our Squadron Pro or XL PRO.

How about a 2004 suzuki drz 250? Doesn't show when I put in my make and model on your website for this lighting option. Only dual sport kit and another light for $899....

How about a 2004 suzuki drz 250? Doesn't show when I put in my make and model on your website for this lighting option. Only dual sport kit and another light for $899....

The DRZ250 w/ Electric Start has a stator output of 150W DC.  You can run any of our Universal LED Race Lights in DC.  The DC models are on average $50 cheaper.  

https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LED-Motorcycle-Lighting.asp

Thank You,

Bailey, Baja Designs