Fuel pump options for KTM 500 exc aftermarket/oem

Crap luck for sure OP.

This is the pump test I saw on utube or here and copied it. Harbor Fraud productDSCN1391.JPG.84f11e0b9893f60ea6ffd6440bd4f66b.JPG

At the Hot Springs on the 1st of 5 days ride / 4 riders / 5 flats / 990 miles

DSCN1484.JPG.8123b67c758351150d6b6d644e8b4b04.JPG

Edited by Burnrider
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/12/2017 at 4:29 PM, farmboybunk said:

Spud is correct. To have a complete second fuel pump assembly you'll have to buy the fuel pump housing, filter, hoses, plus other items.

Ancient thread I know.....  I want to setup my extra tank with it's own fuel pump and when I look at the KTM microfiche it appears all the needed extra part only come with the entire $300 plus fuel pump assembly. 

Does anyone know where to get the required parts to utilize the Quantum fuel pump on my extra tank so I can just unplug one tank and plug in the other with no parts swapping?

Thanks for any info!

13 hours ago, projected said:

Ancient thread I know.....  I want to setup my extra tank with it's own fuel pump and when I look at the KTM microfiche it appears all the needed extra part only come with the entire $300 plus fuel pump assembly. 

Does anyone know where to get the required parts to utilize the Quantum fuel pump on my extra tank so I can just unplug one tank and plug in the other with no parts swapping?

Thanks for any info!

Amazon 

Just now, MacDaddy500excf said:

Just search your year bike and model, they all take the same pump pretty much 

When I look at KTM microfiche the individual parts are not listed out, only the entire fuel pump is listed.  

1 hour ago, projected said:

When I look at KTM microfiche the individual parts are not listed out, only the entire fuel pump is listed.  

Yeah, you pretty much have to go aftermarket to piece part stuff.

There is an $50 oring kit, and a fuel filter kit.

I have ordered several from Ebay and Amazon. At least with Amazon you can return if it doesn't work. I've ordered a pump off Ebay that's really for a Aprrilla but says it fits a KTM. Says it's better then most we will see. PM me if you have ????? I sell complete units with new pump for $200 buyer pays shipping.

Edited by ffain

1 hour ago, ffain said:

I have ordered several from Ebay and Amazon. At least with Amazon you can return if it doesn't work. I've ordered a pump off Ebay that's really for a Aprrilla but says it fits a KTM. Says it's better then most we will see. PM me if you have ????? I sell complete units with new pump for $200 buyer pays shipping.

Are the pumps OEM or qauntum?

I have tried Quantum with some success. This one will be from Fuel Pump Factory, made for an Aprilla but works on a KTM. There is really no place to buy a OEM pump by itself. This pump claims to have lifetime warranty. I use filter 100 psi 10 micron when I sell a unit. 

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Bought and installed the quantum pump and the bike ran perfect ...for about a mile and it just shut off. Gonna pull it back out tomorrow and see if I see anything.

Before the quantum bike would start and die after a like ten seconds and not want to restart without waiting/cranking for 10-15 seconds. Installed new pump ,filter and cleaned the injector. Ran perfect ... For like a mile.

Did this on the starting line of the mad moose and barley got it started before the horn... fast forward to first paragraph...

2011 350sxf 

Edited by bin007

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, farmboybunk said:

I saw a new post on the thread today and figured I would update the thread.

The HFP fuel pump is still going strong in my old 2012 500 that I sold to my brother in-law after almost two years of use and many hours of riding.

I think it’s passed the test of time and use.

UPDATE:

Well the Quantum HFP 389 pump that I installed back in October 2016 in my 2012 KTM 500 finally failed. 
The clear inner fuel line split inside the tank. Not sure if the pump still works or not, but I bet it most likely still does. Just bad/split hose. We contacted Quantum and they sent us a new pump (lifetime warranty). Just had to pay $15 shipping. 

• Like 1

Sometimes, I think OEM is the best way to go.   I have purchased 4 FI bikes and 3 additional Fuel Pump Asseblies for extra tanks.   After about 35000 miles between the bikes, not a single failure.  Oh, I do swap out that crap Mahle filter and I put a Wix/Napa steel one  in.   I don't bother touching the metal filter once installed.   Saving a few dollars on the fuel pump does not seem wise.

10 hours ago, farmboybunk said:

UPDATE:

Well the Quantum HFP 389 pump that I installed back in October 2016 in my 2012 KTM 500 finally failed. 
The clear inner fuel line split inside the tank. Not sure if the pump still works or not, but I bet it most likely still does. Just bad/split hose. We contacted Quantum and they sent us a new pump (lifetime warranty). Just had to pay $15 shipping. 

I think I ordered one as a spare to carry in my backpack. Sounds like they hold up pretty well. 

Edited by SteveThe Snakes