What knee braces do the pros wear?

Getting close to needing to buy a new pair of knee braces. Happy with my asterisk ultra cell but it looks like the company is restructuring. What do the pros use and which are the best?

I talked to Asterisk a couple weeks ago and they said to give them about 30 days before they are up and functioning like normal. If "getting pretty close" means you can wait a few more weeks, then Asterisk should be a viable option by then if you are happy with the Ultra Cells. I just bought a new set and they are quite updated from my old ones. The latest revision has much improved patella cups.

I'm on my second set of CTi braces.

I don't find them very comfortable, but I'm almost sure they have saved my knees a few times.

I don't ride dirt bikes without them. (Well Sumo, as they don't fit under my leathers.)

Both my knees have "issues" form incidents when I wasn't wearing braces..... One involves a Doberman and a unicycle.

• Haha 2

I'm on my second set of CTi braces.

I don't find them very comfortable, but I'm almost sure they have saved my knees a few times.

I don't ride dirt bikes without them. (Well Sumo, as they don't fit under my leathers.)

Both my knees have "issues" form incidents when I wasn't wearing braces..... One involves a Doberman and a unicycle.

You hit a Doberman riding a unicycle?  Cool!  ?

• Haha 1

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Robert T. Gephart said:

Don’t be fooled by marketing.. Don Joy is what the pros wear.. the patella cups may have another manufacture name but the braces are Don Joy 

That may be the case TODAY but when this thread was created these were the norm

b95883618aa271e4382228cf80452520--joe-na

• Like 3
  • Haha 2