Coolant question

I have used Peak Global 50-50 pre-diluted coolant in every bike I have owned, including all my vehicles; also including my customers vehicles.

The water they used is distilled.

I'm on the Texas Gulf Coast. 

Unless you're in an extreme environment, I would imagine it would work well

I have used Peak Global 50-50 pre-diluted coolant in every bike I have owned, including all my vehicles; also including my customers vehicles.

The water they used is distilled.

I'm on the Texas Gulf Coast.

Unless you're in an extreme environment, I would imagine it would work well

so that would be the gold coolant but diluted?

Pretty much any automotive coolant that's "aluminium safe" will do.

Difficult to ID types by color, the exact same coolant may have different dyes depending on product or vehicle manufacturer specs.

I run Zerex G-05 type coolant in both my bikes, a leftover jug from a previous vehicle I owned ('04 Dodge Ram)

When that runs out I'll use the same Prestone Dex-Cool from my current vehicles.

Depending on the year, Fords of the past 10 years have used both of the above mentioned coolants,

newer ones like my '14 F150 will have Dex-Cool or equivalent.

Whichever you choose, never mix different types of coolants together,

fill and flush your cooling system with water a few times before changing types.

When mixing with straight coolant, only use distilled or deionized water (2-3$ a jug a CDN Tire / Wal-Mart).

Edited by mlatour

so that would be the gold coolant but diluted?

Yes, it's gold in color, and already mixed 50-50 with distilled water.

Just pour it straight in from the jug.

It says mixes with any manufacturers coolant, but if you're uncomfortable with that, do as mentioned above; flush system and start fresh.

So I'm looking to change the coolant on my 98 YZ400F and I usually just use green but I don't feel like buying more. I have this gold stuff that they use in the new fords. I was wondering if I would be able to use that? I'm not sure if it would damage anything and I hope it won't.

I have used Honda pre-mixed coolant for years. It comes in gallon jugs and is good for 5 years. You can buy it at any Honda dealership car or bike.