TT Ride days redux _ the return of Skipper

Who is that big guy in the Honda red?  Damn, he's good looking & young!   He's a foot taller than everyone else!    :devil:

I'll never forget when we were at that straight down cliff and nobody wanted to take the plunge............................... then TheBlueOne just rode right up and didn't hesitate to go right down!  I think Skipper lost his tool belt there.  ?

Then I think it was YOU, XR, that got lost!!!!!

Edited by superslyko

Who is that big guy in the Honda red?  Damn, he's good looking & young!   He's a foot taller than everyone else!    :devil:

I'll never forget when we were at that straight down cliff and nobody wanted to take the plunge............................... then TheBlueOne just rode right up and didn't hesitate to go right down!  I think Skipper lost his tool belt there.  ?

Then I think it was YOU, XR, that got lost!!!!!

I don't remember getting lost, but you may be right.

simple answer:  I put riding on hold in 2011 and moved to the LA beach area, but now my wife and I are moving back to Sacramento in early 2017.   Not sure when I will get a bike again, but I plan to be ready to ride by the spring riding season

Got an FE550 with your name on it :D

Glad to hear you are getting back into it  ?  ,

but like were there really no trails with in reach of the beach country ? 

I get it , dollars to doughnuts here is what probably went down ......

Look honey,  I promise if you just go with me on this and let us move down south we can drink wine on the beach every day and I will promise to give up this whole dirt biking nonsense for good . 

Not sure I feel great about calling you the Skipper yet either , feels weird .......but we all know who the Gilligan is ? .

• Like 1

8 out of 10 people that move... (yes I pulled that stat from my ass) and then move back are disappointed. Moving BACK usually does not work long term because the old comforts you remember just aren't there anymore. Old friends quickly tire of all your old "remember when" stories cause they have all moved forward with their lives ...  new wives, new kids, new jobs or retirement, new friends, new rides, new trucks, new trails, new buddies, new TIMES... while you are back looking for the good old days. I've been on both ends of this. 

I wish you the best and hope it works for you...  time will tell.  :thinking:

you can never go back, only forward. There are 3 things in life: 1) your job, 2) what you like to do, and 3) your spouse, family, or when not married then your friends when younger

when you have all 3 things going well, stay put because you are home

now in a marriage its about her 3 things too and her job may be a job or raising kids. in our case here in LA we only had 5 of 6 things as she never got a good job because her medical field down here is overrun with labor surplus - the pay offers are 30% less and they want bilingual too

no we are moving forward, new future and new trail ride days with new stories

Edited by bigbob

we used to do that at WCTT rides. always at a norcal spot though.

all SoCal has is jammed carpool lanes, bad wine and coyotes

No offense Bob, but those facts dont represent what kind of riding we have at all. Here in socal you can start in the desert and end up in the trees. Depending on who you ride with, getting up to the trees is only a hill climb away.

• Like 2

Only way to determine ownership is if the north comes to the south"

no thanks,after growing up in Socal,been there done that,hopefully my last trip down this summer,I'll stick to north,year round riding,incredible desert riding in close by Nev,some people up here only ride desert,ask the Riddler,the other returnee.Who's gilligan,hehe ? 

no need for insults guys. yes shit rolls down hills... but we can ride up hills.

ask The Riddler? agreed.

dont let mine and billpee's tiff bleed over to everyone else. i come in peace! i was just thinking north and south rides would be a good way to bring people together and share whats left of the trail riding cultures. most of the guys on here arent kids anymore though they try to be. look at the youngest guys on this forum, we are a small minority in comparison. its the same for most riding groups.

so why not try to bring everyone together every once in a while?

guys from oregon used to drive down in hoards to ride with the guys that taught me. if it was worth it to them, it just might be for the norcal riders.

• Like 5