California TT Ride days redux _ the return of Skipper

I dont think you can wrong with either. I am really happy with mine, it has been a great bike.

You get your jetting all sorted out?

did you get it blinged out by the dealer? cant even wait to get home now kenny?

That was picking it up from the dealer after getting the brake recall fixed :biteme:
  • Like 1

I remember something about those pesky NorCal squirrels too!  :lol:

1 thing we have to remember.  It snows at CC.  When it's wet, the mud becomes very slick & dangerous.  :rant:

wild%2Bpiglet%2B003-SNOW.gif

They closed the Quicksilver that day. :naughty:   The previous year it was so wet, folks couldn't climb the 1st hill.

Edited by superslyko

how many hours on that FE 550? what year model ?

2006 - ~193 hours. main bearing end-play is good (as observed from the stator).

PM me for more info if interested.

You get your jetting all sorted out?

Yeah I had to lean it out and it's running good now. I think i'll get one of the hv lectrons just to try It out though.I've got a couple buddies that really like theirs.

I gotta disagree that the economy is bad when Starbux charges $5 for a coffee... a new dirt bike is $10000...  and guys buy $400 carburetors "just to ty them out"   :lol:

• Like 2

been shoping lightly for bikes, won't be ready to purchase  till winter 2017 when we get a place to live up thar.   Same ole questions, do I go used for some really nice machines for 3500-4500 range  or go new for $9.5k

would love dual sport but in reality, it's rare I used the plate only when going on high sierra rides in summer. My bike ego may get the better of my wallet, I do like new shiny toys.  But hey there are lots of good used bikes out there too.  I think of the 4 bikes I sold, they were all top condition and I sold them for 50% of new cost

My choice will be a European Thumper, 450, or 501, or 550 maybe.    Love the big 5's but they are a hand full in stink land rocky, loop 6 dog eat dog trails.............  

Beta, Husqvarna or Husaberg.  ....... or god help me, that ugly orange color

01313_afOB0ZWjWMt_1200x900.jpg

Edited by bigbob

European big thumper.....no reason not to get a plate, especially out of sac.

• Like 1

been shoping lightly for bikes, won't be ready to purchase till winter 2017

As in an whole, entire year?

no need for insults guys. yes shit rolls down hills... but we can ride up hills.

ask The Riddler? agreed.

dont let mine and billpee's tiff bleed over to everyone else. i come in peace! i was just thinking north and south rides would be a good way to bring people together and share whats left of the trail riding cultures. most of the guys on here arent kids anymore though they try to be. look at the youngest guys on this forum, we are a small minority in comparison. its the same for most riding groups.

so why not try to bring everyone together every once in a while?

guys from oregon used to drive down in hoards to ride with the guys that taught me. if it was worth it to them, it just might be for the norcal riders.

We still talk about a SoCal road trip. Talked about it again over several campfire drinks after another NorCal ride this weekend. Well...... Not really a NorCal ride, I'm a bit ashamed at the moment but life still moves on. The drinks were better than the trails.
  • Like 1

We need an ISDE challenge north vs south

Interstate six days enduro

I have rode a lot of California, and if I have to choose a place to live purely off of riding location , I'd live in donkeyland. Forest nearby, desert, super secret ride spots, amazing riders, true riding year a round

Fits my style more too, off the map, wonder around anywhere off trail.

Nor cals off trail opportunities are a lot less but are there. But the older I get the more idf and will ride anything I want

We all need to meet up in the middle, clear creek

It's about to reopen

We still talk about a SoCal road trip. Talked about it again over several campfire drinks after another NorCal ride this weekend. Well...... Not really a NorCal ride, I'm a bit ashamed at the moment but life still moves on. The drinks were better than the trails.

when you guys are ready to come down here, give me a holler with prospective dates. I wanna make sure i have a proper tour guide lined up for a memorable ride. :thumbsup:

Edited by TheW0LF
  • Like 1