Best Dirt bike tire for Ganaraska forest?

ahah i ride there every weekend so i'll weigh in

A sand tire would be perfect.....There isn't any dirt witch sucks. I use Dunlop MX52's for the rear and AT81's on the front and i really like them. The rear mx52 really hocks up in the sand and dirt and doesn't wear all that bad.

Idk what rim size you have on that 230 but on my KTM 350 it's a 19' 

Hope this helps

It's the Sand hill in the attached picture that is really pushing me to get a new rear tire.    I usually only make it about 1/2 way up before I bury the back end.

Paul.

I've made it up that hill a few times but I don't like doing it, it's way to deep up top you'll get stuck if you stop.

A good Dunlop sand tire is worth it for sure,

Down in clarington where gouher dunes is they sell a lot or sand tires( their track is all sand) i dont know how much but that's your direct sand tire shop.

• 2 months later...

If you're beginner / intermediate its probably more technique then tire as the reason your not making it up.  A sand tire is not likely going to make a lot of difference on that hill.  Just keep trying, keep your weight back and let it rip. try and get as much of a run as you can off the loop at the bottom.   Good luck.  

If you're beginner / intermediate its probably more technique then tire as the reason your not making it up.  A sand tire is not likely going to make a lot of difference on that hill.  Just keep trying, keep your weight back and let it rip. try and get as much of a run as you can off the loop at the bottom.   Good luck.  

Good point, it's a 230 so power is going to be limited as well. 

• 4 months later...
Good point, it's a 230 so power is going to be limited as well. 

My previous bike was an 04 crf 230 and I had a track master on it went fast but worked perfect for up there and gripped hard
It's the Sand hill in the attached picture that is really pushing me to get a new rear tire.    I usually only make it about 1/2 way up before I bury the back end.

Paul.
post-474600-0-69704900-1477320876_thumb.jpg

My old crf had a trak master worked amazing
  • Like 2

Like previously stated...you gotta hit the loop in 2nd, rip through 3rd and into 4th by the bottom of the hill. Then hammer it all the way up.  Don't stop at the top or you'll regret it.  And have fun coming down your first time lol.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/23/2016 at 7:41 PM, TomTopDog12 said:

ahah i ride there every weekend so i'll weigh in

A sand tire would be perfect.....There isn't any dirt witch sucks. I use Dunlop MX52's for the rear and AT81's on the front and i really like them. The rear mx52 really hocks up in the sand and dirt and doesn't wear all that bad.

Idk what rim size you have on that 230 but on my KTM 350 it's a 19' 

Hope this helps

I ended up getting a 110/100/18 MX3S for the rear  (New name for the MX32) and a for the beginning of the 2017 season.  I can make it up the sand hill now, though it's still a challenge at the very top on the flat.  The tires quite a bit fatter than the one it replaced.  I usually run it between 7 -9 psi. Have two seasons on the tire now, It's still working great.