Front sprocket question

A person I ride with sometimes tells me that the 5 year extended warranty he has......he is told bike needs to stay ALL STOCK or its voided. Yes, even tires and brake pads. Aftermarket/non-stock primary gear can increase wear on the shaft.

In my not so humble opinion ..... anyone who pays for an extended warranty on this bike wasted their hard earned money ...  ?    

and what you are saying is possible because it is a contract not a factory warranty. 

In my not so humble opinion ..... anyone who pays for an extended warranty on this bike wasted their hard earned money ...  ?    

and what you are saying is possible because it is a contract not a factory warranty. 

I agree , however when I bought mine , we agreed on a price for the bike and the deal was done. A friend of mine was a salesman at the dealership and included , unbeknownst to me , the 5 year extended warranty. 5 years later I got $500 back on the unused warranty. I don't remember any more if my warranty was the Honda one or not. I had one on another bike years ago that was thru an outside company the dealership used , which was non-refundable. I used it once and just had the dealership get me the parts. You can get extended warranties on some used bikes too and some dealerships sell extended warranties on bikes bought elsewhere.

• Like 1

A person I ride with sometimes tells me that the 5 year extended warranty he has......he is told bike needs to stay ALL STOCK or its voided. Yes, even tires and brake pads. Aftermarket/non-stock primary gear can increase wear on the shaft.

This is one of the dumbest things I've EVER heard and the tires and brake pad part proves it's BS.   LOL

He also needs to have all maintenance done by the dealer, he bent the bars.....he had to buy stock bars and had the dealer install them, if didnt......goodbye warranty. I called BS on the whole thing and asked him if lube was included. He said that is what the service manager told him. Needless to say.....he loved my bike and didn't want to get back on his. Sorry he ever bought the warranty.

Some of them like the one I had , you get your money back at the end of the warranty period if it's never been used. Any claim , no matter how small and you get nothing back. FYI , if a manufacture were to require you to use their consumables , they would have to provide them free of charge.