What the hell is this ?

Darn, well you have a rare frame and tank, but the wrong engine in it.  That engine is a KD125 engine (common, not worth much) but the frame and tank are from the G31M Centurion which is a very desirable bike, and much more powerful with the original engine which tells me that the frame and engine were separated long ago.

All is not lost as you have a miss-mash of parts turned into a flat track bike that is still worth putting together to ride, but is not worth much monetarily because it is missing the most important part.

Darn, well you have a rare frame and tank, but the wrong engine in it. That engine is a KD125 engine (common, not worth much) but the frame and tank are from the G31M Centurion which is a very desirable bike, and much more powerful with the original engine which tells me that the frame and engine were separated long ago.

All is not lost as you have a miss-mash of parts turned into a flat track bike that is still worth putting together to ride, but is not worth much monetarily because it is missing the most important part.

Thanks for the information, do you know anything about thing next to the spark plug on the head? I can't find it on any pictures or parts list, from what I got out of it is that it's a possible kill switch? When pressed it releases the compression from the engine. ?

• Like 1

Thanks for the information, do you know anything about thing next to the spark plug on the head? I can't find it on any pictures or parts list, from what I got out of it is that it's a possible kill switch? When pressed it releases the compression from the engine. ?

That is a compression release, usually used for easier starting (usually found more on big bore engines of the day) or engine braking into the corners or down hills.  It is a period correct type of accessory.  I have several bikes that I fitted them with.  It is not a "stock" component.

I have many pages on my website dedicated to restoration and vintage performance.  Your welcome to ask me anything, preferably on my site as I will answer quicker than here, about resurrecting that bike.

Here are links to 2 of my multi episode web series of videos showing the entire process.

Barn Fresh vintage motorcycle restoration web series

Vintage Motocross performance project tips and tricks series

Here is a teaser

Edited by thejunkman