Kreft Moto XPLOR review

In contrast, my new 16 450xcw is the worst suspension yet. Very stiff in the front and soft in the rear. I got the sag to work (static and rider) but it kicks so bad now that you do not dare sit down EVER even in the tight corners, sketchy.:

Did u try tightening up the rebound in the rear?

• Like 1

Yes, my tuner recommends a heavier spring as I have the sag adjustment cinched down pretty far which really kills the P in Pds. haha

Crazy that the static sag is still in range.

Bikes are killing me right now

450 needs a spring

200 shock in the shop (leaking)

yz has a blown fork seal

• Like 2

Yes, my tuner recommends a heavier spring as I have the sag adjustment cinched down pretty far which really kills the P in Pds. haha

450 needs a spring

yz has a blown fork seal

Damn. I know the feeling. I have had 4 bikes to my name (have 3 but sold one and bought another) this year and it seems they all mark their territory with oil some way or another. XR just leaked, genius who did the last top end left a viton O ring out of the top of the PV on the 150 (fixed tonight), 200 needs a countershaft seal (on order ) and the RGV250 has a clutch cover leak... will fix friday... maybe...

Edit: wonder who got a hit with the ud_lazer?

Edited by BushPig

450 needs a spring

yz has a blown fork seal

Replace that YZ seal with honda's. You'll have no more problems.
  • Like 1

.....Edit: wonder who got a hit with the ud_lazer?

It appears to be higher up than that :devil:
  • Like 3

Edit: wonder who got a hit with the ud_lazer?

Don't know who that is but a very nice mod told us to knock it off a bit.  I agree, crotts will do what I asked him to do awhile ago and put me on the ignore list.  Hopefully happy sailing now and I even see him posting some positive ktm stuff now.  Very cool!

But back on topic.  Is the vid correct and do the clickers work or don't they??  Do any other tuners have the tools in the vid to duplicate the results?

I wonder how this fork is going to perform on the heavier 4 strokes if it's diving so much and blowing through the stroke on the lighter two strokes? 

• Like 1

I just rode a new 17 husky te150 and the xplor forks worked great in the rocks and the front and rear were pretty good in the whoops, owner states he hasn't touched a clicker yet. I weigh 190.

In contrast, my new 16 450xcw is the worst suspension yet. Very stiff in the front and soft in the rear. I got the sag to work (static and rider) but it kicks so bad now that you do not dare sit down EVER even in the tight corners, sketchy.

Rant over.

I enjoyed the video mcrotch, keep up the KTM bashing and soon there will be no more orange on the trail :rolleyes:

I wonder how this fork is going to perform on the heavier 4 strokes if it's diving so much and blowing through the stroke on the lighter two strokes? 

Do your Xplor forks still "blow through the stroke" once they were re-sprung for your weight?   

Do your Xplor forks still "blow through the stroke" once they were re-sprung for your weight?

I don't have any xplor forks. I'm only inquiring to further my knowledge of the product. I'd bet they put heavier springs in the 4 stk. some are saying the xcw is for trail Riding or beginner riders. I thought that's what the free ride is for. I've seen many including myself haul the mail on xcw's and I'm sure they'd like to continue. Plus why pay your top dollar for sub standard equipment? The xc and xcw are priced $100 from each other. It seems the xc is the best deal. Ymmv

Do your Xplor forks still "blow through the stroke" once they were re-sprung for your weight?   

He doesn't have one, he just wants us to know how bad they are vs the previous OC per the vid. 

Edited by Sycamore

I don't have any xplor forks. I'm only inquiring to further my knowledge of the product. I'd bet they put heavier springs in the 4 stk. some are saying the xcw is for trail Riding or beginner riders. I thought that's what the free ride is for. I've seen many including myself haul the mail on xcw's and I'm sure they'd like to continue. Plus why pay your top dollar for sub standard equipment? The xc and xcw are priced $100 from each other. It seems the xc is the best deal. Ymmv

Some don't like links for the type of riding they do, or love the simplicity, lightweight.  Also the W comes with lights.  And its unsure how good or how sucke the forks are.  most like them despite what the vid says and that is all that counts.  Plus all serious rider dick with forks anyway.

I own a 2017 250XC and a 2017 150XCW. I weigh 220lb and race A class.. That said, I like the Xplor stuff on the XCW more right now. I haven't done anything to them except set sag the best I could for my weight and some clicker adjustments. On the XC I have added the correct rear spring and have experimented with different PSI and can't yet come up with a setting that I am as confident with as the Xplor stuff. 

I will probably have my suspension guy (JRP Offroad) work on my XC before next season but I could probably live with it as-is. 

With the XCW, I think if I put proper springs on, it would likely need some rebound shims added.

• Like 1

The only thing that bugs me is the clickers not doing anything.... kinda scary.

Hmmm....it looks like Jimmy Lewis likes the Xplor suspension and I'll venture to guess that he is faster than all of us. 

http://dirtbiketest.com/fresh-dirt/tuned-2017-ktm-300-xc-w-build/#ZsTDVKz532Zfs64Q.97

"As for suspension our initial impressions are really positive on the new WP XPlor 48 fork and PDS shock so we decided to leave it as is for now. Depending on how things pan out when the suspension is completely broken in we may end up changing springs and valving."

Hmmm....it looks like Jimmy Lewis likes the Xplor suspension and I'll venture to guess that he is faster than all of us.

http://dirtbiketest.com/fresh-dirt/tuned-2017-ktm-300-xc-w-build/#ZsTDVKz532Zfs64Q.97

"As for suspension our initial impressions are really positive on the new WP XPlor 48 fork and PDS shock so we decided to leave it as is for now. Depending on how things pan out when the suspension is completely broken in we may end up changing springs and valving."

never heard of aluminum skids plates creating binding and changing handling characteristics. Don't get it.

never heard of aluminum skids plates creating binding and changing handling characteristics. Don't get it.

I have heard of it. Fitted up an ally skid plate to my 200 the other day... not sure if I felt a difference...