Kingfish

Wheel Rub Mud flap - KTM 300 XC new

Monday 10/31 purchased a new 2016 KTM 300XC and did not know till i got home the tire is rubbing the front right shock's mud flap. We heard it when they loaded into back of truck but did not see what is was.

What should I do? I would have to drive 1.5 hours back to dealer for them to look at it.  I took off the mud flap to re-position and it does not move.

I attached a photo but cant really tell by the photo. I wonder if the tire? or wheel not true or bent?

Thank you for any suggestions.

mudflap.JPG

Edited by Kingfish

You can loosen the 3 bolts holding the fork guard on and adjust it... No need to drive to the dealer, just hold the fork guard where you want it and tighten it back down...

If that doesn't work loosen axle and pinch bolts, get on the bike and bounce the forks, tighten axle till it spins, tighten pinch bolts, tighten axle again..

Edited by Casing-daily
  • Like 1

Mine has done this since day one.  The front tire is fat so that is one issue. If I move/adjust mine they rub the fork.  I would rather the tire rubs a bit.  You can use a heat gun to mold them a bit too.  Mine only rubs while riding though. 

2018 xcw Mine is rubbing so bad it's burned a hole in the mud guard really frustrating! I've taken the front wheel off and done all the aligning tricks in the book to no avail. Sigh 😞 I'll send a pic shortly. It clicks on every nubs and sounds like poop 💩 even my wife commented I need to fix this! Please help

my $.02.... polysports plastics flare like that, acerbis seem to be a little slimmer and don't rub.  if that's the only thing you have to deal with, life is good

.......read OP date:banghead:

Edited by luckypunk
  • Helpful 1

If I measure from the rim you to the fork there's a 3/8's difference 1 1/2 on the right 1 7/8 on the left that can't be good being out of line like that. And the clicking is driving me nuts 🥜! I see the op date just the most relevant?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 11/1/2016 at 9:50 PM, casing daily said:

If that doesn't work loosen axle and pinch bolts, get on the bike and bounce the forks, tighten axle till it spins, tighten pinch bolts, tighten axle again..

I would do this, probably a good idea anyway would be more worried about it not being installed correctly as this is one of the few things the dealers have to actually do to the bikes when setting them up. 

• Like 1

Ya they install the forks and front wheel. But they don't touch the spokes or true the wheel. I probably threw it outa whack going through rock gardens. Gotta check everything on your bikes to be safe.👍👍

5 minutes ago, Eamonn Patrick said:

Ya they install the forks and front wheel. But they don't touch the spokes or true the wheel. I probably threw it outa whack going through rock gardens. Gotta check everything on your bikes to be safe.👍👍

Yea new bikes ( or wheels) need to have the spokes checked after every ride during the first 5-10 hours then they pretty much stay good after that.