Michigan Most technical trail in mi?

Looking for the most technical trails in mi. Here's a list of my favorites I've ran so far

1 moss lake

2 evart

3 tomahawk trails (all 3)

I've ran quite a few others but these are my favorites so far, trying to see what's out there. Might have to go south for more technical?

The Mountain , AAA & Wee Wees.....

Hugh, Can you go into more detail?

Impossible to be more tight and technical than Holton Loop, but beware that this trails has whoops set into hard black topsoil that might as well be concrete whoops. While not high whoops (they are maybe 18" deep on average), they are very close together and hard-packed. Managing these whoops, while simultaneouslyl managing turns and squeezing between trees just far enough apart to admit passage of your handlebars is plenty of technical challenge. Personally, I hate it.

Impossible to be more tight and technical than Holton Loop, but beware that this trails has whoops set into hard black topsoil that might as well be concrete whoops. While not high whoops (they are maybe 18" deep on average), they are very close together and hard-packed. Managing these whoops, while simultaneouslyl managing turns and squeezing between trees just far enough apart to admit passage of your handlebars is plenty of technical challenge. Personally, I hate it.

Have you ridden evart yet. Looking for a comparison between the 2

No not yet. A few buddie and I just made a up trip begining of October. We ran porterfield, bass lake , moss lake and then finished up at Drummond island. Definitely would like to spend more time up there great trails.

I have not yet ridden the Moss Lake trail or Tomahawk, but Evart and Kinross (south side) are very technical. I would give the edge to Kinross for slow, tight, and windy but Evart has more elevation and a few technical hill climbs. Also, the north part of Kinross is a blast! Its 2nd or 3rd gear stuff and gets very little traffic so there are no whoops.

Kinross was one we missed on our trip. Gonna have to hit it next year

Try Birch Hill near Drummond Island if you want a rocky technical trail. Too bad the ferns had grown over the trail when we rode it.

Not a long trail but it will challenge you! Maybe that's why no one riders it???

• Like 1

Birch hill does look like a good one. Vvmaping has pictures of it on the site. Drummond Island was technical, just in a different way than I expected. I thought it was gonna be hilly with a bunch of technical rocky hillclimbs. Not a bunch of bottomless mud holes.

It's in my backyard so I just can't pass it up but like you say it's tight, twisty, and it's also not too sandy.  I'm slow so it works for me, like real slow on an XR250

Single tracks in the Moorestown complex are a challenge.  I usually park where the quad trail crosses north Burkett Rd. and go from there.

.. Drummond Island was technical, just in a different way than I expected.. Not a bunch of bottomless mud holes.

Stay off the jeep trails and hit the " killing fields "   .......If your at Drummond, and you can find old carsenite markers... you can  get into some good stuff..there wont be any trail left...just markers to follow... not quite what it was 15-20 years ago before the quad group took over maintenance.  ...recent logging ruined one of the best sections several years ago...take a friend because if you go down by yourself it could be a long wait for someone to come by and help.... what would be cool is to run a national there and put down about 40 miles worth of new trail for you younger guys .. Im getting to old...

• Like 1

I definitely saw some possibility of good trails. We ran a little bit of the quad trails, but it was hit and miss. A lot of down trees and kind of a treasure hunt to stay on them. That would be awesome to run a national over there

how is it finding the Single track trails?

In Michigan Evert is as tight as it gets, unless you score some fresh tracks off beaten track, in some remote area. "Where it is allowed, of course". Its more of the over grown trails then dodging timber. If you want super tight for days, road trip to Carter Mt Rec Area in TN. Down south they pride themselves off bark busting with their bare skulls.. "Whoo boy, I tell you what! Son!"