Lifespan of Shorai Batteries

I put a Shorai battery in the BRP about 8 years ago. Did the whole big electrical box delete on the side and mounted under the seat. It's still working solidly which is kind of surprising. Wonder if anyone has one that is older.

Seems like a large initial outlay but worth it if they last that long.

• Like 2

I put a Shorai in the BRP about 8 years ago. Did the whole big electrical box delete on the side and mounted under the seat. It's still working solidly which is kind of surprising. Wonder if anyone has one that is older.

Standard or Lithium?

I put a Shorai in the BRP about 8 years ago. Did the whole big electrical box delete on the side and mounted under the seat. It's still working solidly which is kind of surprising. Wonder if anyone has one that is older.

Wow! ? That's a LONG life for a lithium battery. :ride:

• Like 1

Yup, the LiFe Shorai mounted under the seat. I've been surprised but pleased. I'm in Florida so ride year round and my XR is the bike I ride the most. I figure I'm on borrowed time. I've never put it on any kind of tender or anything but the longest it has sat might be 2 weeks.

I have had my original Shorai in my '09 KTM530 since early 2010.  No problems or issues.  I did just replace it with another Shorai, not because of any issues, but just because it was over 7 years old. 

I did a load test on the old one and it passed with flying colors.

I'm keeping it for use as a bench battery.

• 2 weeks later...

When they're cold you're supposed to warm the battery by leaving the lights on for awhile first. Their only advantage is weight savings. Regular batteries usually warn you of impending doom by weakening first. Lithium batteries just quit with no warning. Something to think about if your bike needs a battery to run.

• Like 1

I put a Shorai battery in the BRP about 8 years ago. Did the whole big electrical box delete on the side and mounted under the seat. It's still working solidly which is kind of surprising. Wonder if anyone has one that is older.

That is a long time for a Li battery, especially so for a Shorai.

The TurnTech Li battery in my '08 HTR 350 XCF-W is still going strong after 8+ years (10,191 miles/501 hrs).