Own a 2017 Beta?

All the major rags have ridden most of the 2017 Beta off-road & dual sport bikes, having shared their impressions. And, that's good info! However, it's also nice to read reviews written by Joe riders that have zero potential ties to sponsors, advertisers and the like. So, not only potentially more objective info, but experiences from riders more like you.

If you're lucky enough to own a 2017 Beta motorcycle, would you grace the community by sharing your thoughts & impressions of it? I know your time/effort will be appreciated!

Where can yo do this?

Go to https://www.thumpertalk.com/reviews/ and in the search box type: 2017 beta. Find your model and take it from there. Thx in advance!

post-3-0-58631900-1479402479.jpg

430rrs2017.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I will put up a review here soon. I have 3 hours on it. I would like to get a little more seat time before I do.

Same here, I only have 2 hrs on mine.

I'll post a review when I've got it setup for me and have some decent dirt time on it. It's probably going to be a month or so at least.

My super quick impression from 2 hrs, I think I'm gonna love this bike!!! The engine is smoothing out already and a little fiddling with the clickers etc. is starting to bring the suspension in where I want it. The FI mapping is spot on, amazing.

• Like 3

Anyone want to loan me their 2017 for a weekend review? When your bike cartwheels down "100 dollar hill," we'll surely find the strong/weak points... :busted:

I'll usually let anyone ride my bikes.... But Since you are a state of Jeferson dip shit I think I'll pass. Typical of you to declare you will destroy a perfectly good motorcycle with reckless behavior rather than exibiting enough skill to navigate the terrain safely and responsibly. Arguing for the sake of arguing

• Like 3

I'll usually let anyone ride my bikes.... But Since you are a state of Jeferson dip shit I think I'll pass. Typical of you to declare you will destroy a perfectly good motorcycle with reckless behavior rather than exibiting enough skill to navigate the terrain safely and responsibly. Arguing for the sake of arguing

let-me-offer.jpg

• Like 2

Just picked up 2017 xtrainer....and it aint no KTM or Honda. I sold a 500 exc as I did not need the enduro of all enduros....I love the power of the beta but you can tell the build quality is not on par. Small things like an o-ring to protect the frame on the ktm when closing the kick stand (whos foot is way too small) and BIG THINGS like the subpar electrical connectors, the ignition coil and fan thermostat are atrocious! I will say the nissin brakes are better than the brembo, they seem more powerful. The clutch pull is heavier on the beta.

The beta castings also have a lot of flashing that wasnt removed before assembly. This stuff adds up and you can appreciate these aspects of quality. The beta also has grease oosing out from everywhere....at least I know that it has grease.

The fuel tank is also interesting with its cross over line...

Why do these companies still paint the clutch and ignition covers!!!

Frame looks sturdy though.

We will see how it holds up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I rode my 17 430 today and its better than I thought it would be.  I was a little hesitant coming off a 2 stoke but it is great!  I could feel the additional weight moving it around while off the bike but once riding insignificant.  This is my first Beta and am looking forward to breaking it in and seeing what it is all about.  Pretty minor but I can tell the tires, especially the front leave a lot to be desired.  

Need more ride time before comment myself.  So far I can say the power band is spot on smooth and lots of torque for the slow stuff.  I have not touched my power valve yet so it is set where it was from the dealer.  I kind of like it where it is and will take a measurement of that soon.  I just springed it for my weight so need some ride time to dial it in and then I will comment.  I was on the list for a Husky 250TE and didn't want to wait until February so the Beta came up as a good alternative at a new local dealer and I jumped on it.  So far I have no regrets, I think I saved about $800.00 on the Beta 300 vs Husky  250 and got a very similar bike, I saved about $1500 to $1800 over a Husky 300TE.  I don't know how the price compares to a KTM 300 XC-W but I think you still come out ahead on the Beta.  I have found that Beta parts cost more than KTM/Husky but that's probably because they are new to the market.  It is surprising how similar all these bikes are.  They are almost like the same bike in different colors.  The Beta is still kind of new but the bike design and quality looks like they know what they're doing.  So far I can see a couple imperfections I would change, they have already been documented in the reviews like the too small kick stand end that I would change but other than a ballistic chute it has everything I need.  The fact that all these "enduro bikes" don't come with stock spark arrester exhaust stacks is just plain stupid.  That's the first $170 I needed to spend on an FMF Q Stealth exhaust.  They should all come standard with radiator guards, I put Unibiker guards on mine - good choice.  They should all come standard with bark buster hand guards, I put Enduro Engineering on, busted my clutch lever trying to bend it to fit but I like it shorter anyway.  You should walk into the dealer step on the scale with a helmet boots and back pack and the bike should be springed for you before you go out the door.  The rider sag should be set and you should get a guide for dialing in your forks and rear shock according to how it rides the woops.  Actually the bike itself is good, I am not going to race it professionally, just ride trails and try to stay out of the Hospital so I think it will fit the bill really good.

Need more ride time before comment myself.  So far I can say the power band is spot on smooth and lots of torque for the slow stuff.  I have not touched my power valve yet so it is set where it was from the dealer.  I kind of like it where it is and will take a measurement of that soon.  I just springed it for my weight so need some ride time to dial it in and then I will comment.  I was on the list for a Husky 250TE and didn't want to wait until February so the Beta came up as a good alternative at a new local dealer and I jumped on it.  So far I have no regrets, I think I saved about $800.00 on the Beta 300 vs Husky  250 and got a very similar bike, I saved about $1500 to $1800 over a Husky 300TE.  I don't know how the price compares to a KTM 300 XC-W but I think you still come out ahead on the Beta.  I have found that Beta parts cost more than KTM/Husky but that's probably because they are new to the market.  It is surprising how similar all these bikes are.  They are almost like the same bike in different colors.  The Beta is still kind of new but the bike design and quality looks like they know what they're doing.  So far I can see a couple imperfections I would change, they have already been documented in the reviews like the too small kick stand end that I would change but other than a ballistic chute it has everything I need.  The fact that all these "enduro bikes" don't come with stock spark arrester exhaust stacks is just plain stupid.  That's the first $170 I needed to spend on an FMF Q Stealth exhaust.  They should all come standard with radiator guards, I put Unibiker guards on mine - good choice.  They should all come standard with bark buster hand guards, I put Enduro Engineering on, busted my clutch lever trying to bend it to fit but I like it shorter anyway.  You should walk into the dealer step on the scale with a helmet boots and back pack and the bike should be springed for you before you go out the door.  The rider sag should be set and you should get a guide for dialing in your forks and rear shock according to how it rides the woops.  Actually the bike itself is good, I am not going to race it professionally, just ride trails and try to stay out of the Hospital so I think it will fit the bill really good.

All this stuff you want to come standard with these bikes along with the labour to make those adjustents would drive up the base prices quite a bit. As far as the spark arrestor, I'm told they don't come stock because it would change how the bikes are classed when they are imported, also driving up the cost of the unit.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone want to buy a stock set of springs and a stock Exhaust?  Kind of a waste for every customer to have those rusting in the garage.

LMAO !! Not worth the shipping?

Every customer for every brand suffers the same issue with crap taking up valuable space in the shop/garage, over the years I cannot even start to count the different bikes old crap I've put in the recycle can. 

Just picked up 2017 xtrainer....and it aint no KTM or Honda. I sold a 500 exc as I did not need the enduro of all enduros....I love the power of the beta but you can tell the build quality is not on par. Small things like an o-ring to protect the frame on the ktm when closing the kick stand (whos foot is way too small) and BIG THINGS like the subpar electrical connectors, the ignition coil and fan thermostat are atrocious! I will say the nissin brakes are better than the brembo, they seem more powerful. The clutch pull is heavier on the beta.

The beta castings also have a lot of flashing that wasnt removed before assembly. This stuff adds up and you can appreciate these aspects of quality. The beta also has grease oosing out from everywhere....at least I know that it has grease.

The fuel tank is also interesting with its cross over line...

Why do these companies still paint the clutch and ignition covers!!!

Frame looks sturdy though.

We will see how it holds up.

I'm a bit concerned to throw down cash for a 2017 500 RR-S when I've seen people post how bad electrical connectors and the ignition is.......without understanding what makes them so bad and if you are stuck without being able to upgrade I am leary to say the least considering that these bikes are capable of transporting you far from civilization. IS this something that has always been an issue and is this something that would be addressed next year?

Just picked up a 2017 RRS 350. Coming off a KTM450 EXC. Have only put 40 miles on it on the street, so I don't think I have enough information to make a decision yet. Its in the shop for a couple of warrantee items, nothing major. Just being nitpicky after spending 11 grand. Do not like the idea that you cant contact a service rep without going through the dealer, who may be the issue. I also want a SHOP MANUAL, without having to search for it on line. Oh by the way everyone, HI, I am now one of the group.

56 minutes ago, Frank A said:

Just picked up a 2017 RRS 350. Coming off a KTM450 EXC. Have only put 40 miles on it on the street, so I don't think I have enough information to make a decision yet. Its in the shop for a couple of warrantee items, nothing major. Just being nitpicky after spending 11 grand. Do not like the idea that you cant contact a service rep without going through the dealer, who may be the issue. I also want a SHOP MANUAL, without having to search for it on line. Oh by the way everyone, HI, I am now one of the group.

I just responded to your similar post in a different thread.  You can find all available Beta manuals here: http://www.americanbeta.com/content/support 

That site is also linked on the main Beta USA web page, so you don't have to waste too much of your valuable time searching for it online.

Edited by wwguy