Own a 2017 Beta?

I'm a 2017 Beta 300RR owner as of Wednesday. 

I did a 2 hour ride yesterday and couldn't get the smile off my face for the rest of the day.

I'm doing a video review right now, really happy with the beastie :)

20170201_174449.jpg

20170201_182331.jpg

20170202_154010.jpg

thanks for the info. it wasn't for the use of time, just not good on the computer. besides i'm retired, got all the time in the world.

14 hours ago, Frank A said:

thanks for the info. it wasn't for the use of time, just not good on the computer. besides i'm retired, got all the time in the world.

Frank; I'm an old guy - paper is what I want so I took my disc with the owners manual to a print shop and had a paper owner's manual done up for the princely sum of $6.00. I have not done that with the shop manual as yet and probably never will, but I like the paper owners manual so that I can make notes and have something to consult when I'm out in the field (ie: camping, motocross, etc.)

looks like you got it from Matt Polson. he is a geed dealer. Bought my 480 from him in July. Enjoy your ring ding, it looks very ice, I like the pipe guard

Edited by ghte
1 hour ago, ghte said:

looks like you got it from Matt Polson. he is a geed dealer. Bought my 480 from him in July. Enjoy your ring ding, it looks very ice, I like the pipe guard

Yep I went down there for a test ride, he spent a whole hour with me after he closed his shop, and was really helpful with all my questions. It was a really good purchasing experience with Matt and Ethan. 

I have a few more mods to do to my 300RR, but it is coming along nicely. I made a short ride review video yesterday after my first ride :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDsSa-gXkQA

Great video. Thanks for sharing. I have 2 other mods that I think are good. There is a small clutch case protector that stops the foot brake from pushing into the case (about $80 delivered and a really nice finish) and a rear brake do hickey that replaces the OEM part that sits on the end of the brake pedal and is attached to the brake actuator. The OEM  oneis a bit crappy with too much play the upgrade one is also to quality and about $30.

On the brake pedal look to getting a dremmel onto the teeth closest to the clutch cover and file then down, a case protective move.

Good luck with your new beast.

I must say I'm pretty surprised to see this thread so far

For 5 years I have bought a new Ktm 300 every January. After owning beta trials bikes and having no interest in the POS 17 Ktm having ridding it several times I opted for a Beta this year. 300RR

In years past I have seen nothing but positive rave reviews from beta owners. 

Now I'm reading a bunch of skepticism which is very surprising. I have not ridden mine yet as its snowing here. So I have no opinion as of yet but am VERY surprised to read about people not happy?

Just out of curiosity how much time did the clock have when you all got yours?

Im skeptical of mine it had 1.0 on it

all my ktm,s literally had .1 or less when I got them

Not sure I'm super happy with the dealer 

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 7.10.19 PM.png

For 5 years I have bought a new Ktm 300 every January. After owning beta trials bikes and having no interest in the POS 17 Ktm having ridding it several times I opted for a Beta this year. 300RR

Now I'm reading a bunch of skepticism which is very surprising. I have not ridden mine yet as its snowing here. So I have no opinion as of yet but am VERY surprised to read about people not happy?

All is well, the bikes seem to always get better. If more folks are complaining it's probably because their business has been expanding rapidly since 2014 and more bikes sold mean more chance for good and bad.

My xtrainer from Ryanco had a mile, but I was very happy he let me try it out along with a 250 and 300... Ya can't have it both ways. Given the choice I'd rather demo ride than have a zero mile bike.
2 hours ago, bikesandcars said:

All is well, the bikes seem to always get better. If more folks are complaining it's probably because their business has been expanding rapidly since 2014 and more bikes sold mean more chance for good and bad.

My xtrainer from Ryanco had a mile, but I was very happy he let me try it out along with a 250 and 300... Ya can't have it both ways. Given the choice I'd rather demo ride than have a zero mile bike.

I would disagree. Idiots doing demos get on the bike and just go wide open, they don't care because they are not going to be buying it. 

You didn't answer my question tho, what did your hour meter say when you got it?

Im curious what others have obtained

My 17 430 RR RE had 0 hrs and 0 miles on it when I got it.  I would like to give a shout out to the dealer I bought it from as he rides and races Betas himself and is a very standup guy.  He knows these bikes like the back of his hand and sells a lot of Beta out of this small shop.  Dave at Southwest Beta, Alamogordo, New Mexico has an xtrainer, 300 and a 480.  Few in America probably know more about these bikes.  He is damn fast also...  

I would disagree. Idiots doing demos get on the bike and just go wide open, they don't care because they are not going to be buying it. 

You didn't answer my question tho, what did your hour meter say when you got it?

Im curious what others have obtained

Hum, I don't remember being an idiot that day...

I said a mile, hardly any time, but it had been ridden a little.

All I'm saying is it's really nice that dealers let folks try bikes because I was caught between and RR and the X trainer. If you walk in and buy a floor model I think it's acceptable to have a little time as long as it's clean and everything works and it's not scratched up. We're talking dirt bikes here you're going to go and beat on the thing the first time you hit the trail so what's the difference. If your ego Demands a 0 hour bike then do BYOB and wait for it. Certainly not a beta issue.

10 hours ago, bikesandcars said:

Hum, I don't remember being an idiot that day...

I said a mile, hardly any time, but it had been ridden a little.

All I'm saying is it's really nice that dealers let folks try bikes because I was caught between and RR and the X trainer. If you walk in and buy a floor model I think it's acceptable to have a little time as long as it's clean and everything works and it's not scratched up. We're talking dirt bikes here you're going to go and beat on the thing the first time you hit the trail so what's the difference. If your ego Demands a 0 hour bike then do BYOB and wait for it. Certainly not a beta issue.

My ego... lol hardly, more like I when I pay out CASH of my own hard earned money I expect to buy a new fresh out of the crate bike so I can see to it that the break in procedure is done correctly. If I was charged a DEMO price I would be ok with a little time on it.

I guess you have more money then I do and can afford to not care. 

My ego... lol hardly, more like I when I pay out CASH of my own hard earned money I expect to buy a new fresh out of the crate bike so I can see to it that the break in procedure is done correctly. If I was charged a DEMO price I would be ok with a little time on it.
I guess you have more money then I do and can afford to not care. 

You like making assumptions and throwing insults. I don't like that. If you want to be happy go ride and stop whining. If you want a zero hour bike ya shoulda bought one.
3 hours ago, bikesandcars said:

You like making assumptions and throwing insults. I don't like that. If you want to be happy go ride and stop whining. If you want a zero hour bike ya shoulda bought one.

You know what, I wrote a big long reply to you then had a lightbulb moment

Your not even worth arguing with

Edited by automagp68

I like riding my dirtbike.  I even like working on it but I don't enjoy the knives often pulled out on this forum.  I have other bikes, cars and periodically cruise other forums and have never encountered a ruthless set as this bunch.  I am not sure if it is the Beta section or what but we all probably have more in common than not.  I want to think that Beta riders are not nasty people but why all of the daggers pointed at each other?  Lets be civil, its a bummer to make our hobbies have some suckyness to them. 

We are here to help each other out and share stories not piss on each other.  Everyone has differing opinions and ways of doing things, makes the world and interesting place.  Just my .02

Back on subject.

Got a 17 300RR a couple months ago.  got some time on it and raced it.  I love this bike.  My fist 2T.   it is amazing. 

I am having some minor bugs.  But no more than on any other bike I have ever bought. and no different than already said. 

It is a freaking tractor.  lugs and lugs for days.  no noticeable power curve.  just torque.  I have a 6 mile hard endure .  it is great fun. 

Couldn't be happier.  I had been looing for a new ride and this fit all the criteria. 

Low seat, decent tank, kick stand, push button, great price and service.

Hi I'm new to thumper talk even though Ive been riding my 03' crf450r since 2002. I love this bike and It's been my best friend for long time. But on valentines day I bought a 2017 500 rr-s fresh out of the crate from mountain motorsports hence the Italian bikes new princess name "Valentina Dabeta".

I showed up the day before to get one but the first one didnt start so I made the trip out there for nothing. But after seeing the beta I knew it was the bike for me. The following day was valentines day and they had another one come in early that morning so I was stoked, good price with zero hassles so I went back out to san berdoo to pick pick up my new bike.

I watched them pull Valentina out of the crate so I got her with zero hours and zero miles.

I love my Italian Princess and it makes my wife jealous so thats funny as long as Valentina' tires don't get slashed.

Ive only ridden her around my hometown of Long Beach and down through naples, and I have nothing but good things to say so far.

So far Ive set up the controls the way I like them and also cleaned up the headlight wiring and clutch hose and Ive also checked all nuts, bolts, & fluids as they were noted in the manual. I also pulled the front end apart and greased it all up and moved the risers forward and adjusted the the bars to how I think I like them.

Tomorrow, Ill check the sag and grease her rear end. 

I'm trying to break her in nice & easy, so for now I'm just cruising.

I still have to take my motorcycle license test next week, so Ive not planned any mods, I'm a near 230 pounder so I think new springs are in order and then some armor such as; radiator, pipe, and disc guards.

Ive been trying not to rev her but I feel that there is alot more bang in Valentina than my old crf450r has to offer. plus the 6th gear is really cool and the cops dont seem to mind me ripping around town on her 1 so far has even hit his lights so I could run the red light. On blacky I gotta be a ninja.

After a good setup I feel just as confident if not more on my new ride, and it can only get better whereas the crf450 is pretty much maxed out. 

I cant wait to see how we handle the desert together.

CIMG2600.JPG

CIMG2597.JPG

CIMG2594.JPG

CIMG2603.JPG

CIMG2602.JPG

CIMG2608.JPG

CIMG2610.JPG

CIMG2617.JPG

CIMG2659.JPG

CIMG2665.JPG

Edited by surfer-dude

I got my license, I'm going riding.

On 2/5/2017 at 4:11 PM, automagp68 said:

You bring up a couple of interesting points. In 2009 and a little earlier Beta riders were cut from a different source. Beta owners then were generally veteran riders and racers.. They were knowledgeable, generous with their time and helped greatly. The riders then knew exactly what they wanted in a bike and had a wide variety range of experience. I was already with a 2 stroke but looking at maybe getting a 4 stroke street legal dirt bike and those original guys were so nice and helpful. I really appreciated their guidance and knowledge.. so much so that I tend to want to pay it forward and try to help Beta riders a bit since with whatever little I know...but Today is a different time and I believe that some Beta owners are just honestly a little bit more like whiners.. not alot and just some..and just in some instances.. but in comparison to the earlier vet guys that talked to me in the earlier days.. some of the newer Beta owners just sort of act a little more like weenies some time. I think it also just comes from Beta becoming way more popular and being in the magazines all the time now..idk.. but I just notice there's a difference in clientele.. and it's allright but it is different. Maybe that's what you are noticing..because to tell you the truth.. The bikes are awesome and as good as ever. In 2008 it was like they were never in the magazines.. it was mainly just 4 or 5 models.. a rare 250 rfs.. a 450 rr a 525 rr and a 450rs and 525rs all with rfs motors..but with a link etc. At that time rfs ktm motors were loved by a bunch too and guys didn't like the new motors that ktm had. I think that's part of why some vet guys went to Beta.. plus the link..and the earlier models aren't as nimble as the new but they still handle excellent . I didn't see where you say guys are not happy with anything with their Betas..but my experience is that in the past vet riders of before wouldn't grumble about little things.. but some of the new..and that is some..and some of the time are a little extra particular. It's kind of irritating to me sometimes...but whatever.. things change. I love my 15' 300rr..and still love my 525 RS..and my 350rr is a great bike too..I don't know.. just an observation from someone that's been around the Beta guys for around 7 or 8 yrs now. maybe that's what you are seeing .. that differentness in some newer Beta owners..

On 2.3.2017 at 0:34 PM, hawaiidirtrider said:

You bring up a couple of interesting points. In 2009 and a little earlier Beta riders were cut from a different source. Beta owners then were generally veteran riders and racers.. They were knowledgeable, generous with their time and helped greatly. The riders then knew exactly what they wanted in a bike and had a wide variety range of experience. I was already with a 2 stroke but looking at maybe getting a 4 stroke street legal dirt bike and those original guys were so nice and helpful. I really appreciated their guidance and knowledge.. so much so that I tend to want to pay it forward and try to help Beta riders a bit since with whatever little I know...but Today is a different time and I believe that some Beta owners are just honestly a little bit more like whiners.. not alot and just some..and just in some instances.. but in comparison to the earlier vet guys that talked to me in the earlier days.. some of the newer Beta owners just sort of act a little more like weenies some time. I think it also just comes from Beta becoming way more popular and being in the magazines all the time now..idk.. but I just notice there's a difference in clientele.. and it's allright but it is different. Maybe that's what you are noticing..because to tell you the truth.. The bikes are awesome and as good as ever. In 2008 it was like they were never in the magazines.. it was mainly just 4 or 5 models.. a rare 250 rfs.. a 450 rr a 525 rr and a 450rs and 525rs all with rfs motors..but with a link etc. At that time rfs ktm motors were loved by a bunch too and guys didn't like the new motors that ktm had. I think that's part of why some vet guys went to Beta.. plus the link..and the earlier models aren't as nimble as the new but they still handle excellent . I didn't see where you say guys are not happy with anything with their Betas..but my experience is that in the past vet riders of before wouldn't grumble about little things.. but some of the new..and that is some..and some of the time are a little extra particular. It's kind of irritating to me sometimes...but whatever.. things change. I love my 15' 300rr..and still love my 525 RS..and my 350rr is a great bike too..I don't know.. just an observation from someone that's been around the Beta guys for around 7 or 8 yrs now. maybe that's what you are seeing .. that differentness in some newer Beta owners..

From my experience this forum has been pretty good and helpfull, i mean the beta sections at least. And the most of the beta owners in here in finland are pretty young for some reason and nobody has had anything really bad to say about the bikes and there has been a lot of A-class riders here who rode with beta for a while. Only thing that i don't like is that our importer is a real d*ck but lucky enough we have good dealers who can get their parts from Estonia, Norway and Sweden!