Race the Hangover Scrambles Jan 1st @ Washougal!

BTW, I'm a first time Hangover guy. I'll be racing in the over 40 Amateur. 11:30 start I believe. I've been out of riding for about 10 years and just got back into it last July. Out of shape and hosting a New Years Eve party where about 50 people are expected. So, I'll just be happy to show up on time[emoji2]!

I'll be the tall guy on the Jägermeister KTM!

BTW, I'm a first time Hangover guy. I'll be racing in the over 40 Amateur. 11:30 start I believe. I've been out of riding for about 10 years and just got back into it last July. Out of shape and hosting a New Years Eve party where about 50 people are expected. So, I'll just be happy to show up on time[emoji2]!

I'll be the tall guy on the Jägermeister KTM!

I will keep an eye out for you i will be in Open Am so we will be in the same starting group. No good giveaway of my bike its just an 05 crf450 with no graphics or #s. If you see a loud chevy luv with a crf450 its gonna be me.

Definitely not my first time to this rodeo

My accuweather says nighttime low in high 20s and high at 41 on town, so much colder at track. Gonna be a cold one like usual.

I was up there on Tuesday. As you can imagine, it was MUDDY! The forecast still calls for a cold night and maybe some snow showers. Hence the studs. The caretaker, Mike said he recommended studs regardless of whether it was actually icy. Traction is going to be a huge issue in my opinion.

Edited by pchansen

Well im way too broke for real studs so i went the poor mans route. #8 steet metal screws.

Screwed in then removed and blunted on the bench grinder because my tires are worn and the sharp tip concerned me that deep in.

beats no studs and cost $6 plus some misc ones i got from work. But its under $6 for a 100 pack at lowes.. If you plan to run studless it isnt too late for you...

20161230_154805.jpg

20161230_172139.jpg

20161230_172202.jpg

Well, the first lap was pretty good.  Not too many guys passed me.  By the second lap, the muck was getting ridiculous.  My seat was covered in that slimy mud and as a result, I couldn't stay planted on those muddy rutted uphills.  I'd take my feet off the pegs and just slide back..and then off the bike!  I finished about 2-½ laps.  How about you?

Well i got a crap start was in the last few people because my bike wouldnt start so i got stuck at a lot of bottlenecks and ended up taking 50mins to do my first lap. Then got stuck in the DEEP mud in a deep rut right before the field, skid plate deep and stayed near there for a good 5-10 mins and called it after that. So i got a lap and a tony bit more didnt do nearly as well as i hoped.

Yeah, funny the first lap wasn't bad at all. The second was brutal. I know exactly where you got stuck. I was stuck there for a while too. On lap 3, I made it through the fields and partially through the first woods section. I had a clock on the bike and saw there were only two minutes left and was about to enter another ridiculous mud and rut section so I rode under the markers and headed back to the truck. Not sure if that has any impact on my time or whether I'm technically a DNF. Don't really care. It devolved from a race into just surviving in those mud sections.

Yeah, funny the first lap wasn't bad at all. The second was brutal. I know exactly where you got stuck. I was stuck there for a while too. On lap 3, I made it through the fields and partially through the first woods section. I had a clock on the bike and saw there were only two minutes left and was about to enter another ridiculous mud and rut section so I rode under the markers and headed back to the truck. Not sure if that has any impact on my time or whether I'm technically a DNF. Don't really care. It devolved from a race into just surviving in those mud sections.

if i wasnt so far back the first lap wouldnt have been that bad but after being stuck behind everyone spinning tires digging ruts it got nasty fast

Wont be a dnf. Basically the goal is make as many laps as you can in an hour so you will get credit fot 2 laps in how ever much time those 2 took. So if you did 2 in 45 mins you are ahead of whoever did 2 in 47+ mins but behind anyone who did 3+ or 2 faster than you. No way to dnf unless you fail to do 1 lap