What did you do with your CR today?

Haha title says it all! I have seen other threads like this one but for yz's and KTM's...

What I did with my 02 cr125 today was fix some warpage on the cylinder?! Then drilled and tapped some stud bolt holes.

My baby!

IMG_1481521558.251844.jpg

Drilling cylinder!

IMG_1481521470.013047.jpg

This kind of engine work makes me cringe! All of the studs have helicoils except for 1 lol.

Post up your bikes and what you did! Let's see if we can be this thread going!

• Like 2

Just ordered a kickstand for my 2003 CR250R, will be one of my Christmas presents from my wife, very fine women. Tinkerer if you plan to keep your cr long term like I am, try to find a new or good condition used cylinder for future use if needed.

Yea I planned on saving some money for it and just putting it back to all original. I just did an entire rebuild on it not to long ago and I am trying to avoid spending more than I need to on it! Thanks!

• Like 1

Understand, I have yet to tear into my motor because prior owner assured me it was professionally rebuilt recently, and it does run good, but I hope to check it myself as soon as money allows. It has turned out to be a better trail bike than I had expected it would be!

Edited by Babywolf
  • Like 1

DSCF1246.JPG its been sitting for 4 months due to broke collar bone...pulled it out last wedensday and did full maint.  sunday loaded her up and drove 70 mi. to ride c-tor, geared up, went to throw my leg over and pulled my lower back so bad I couldn't hardly walk... so she sits in garage for couple weeks and me in the bed again... moral of the story is... take care of your body too.               TINKERER..... glad you got your head gasket issue figured out

Edited by mxsteve1968
  • Like 3

?DSCF1246.JPG its been sitting for 4 months due to broke collar bone...pulled it out last wedensday and did full maint.  sunday loaded her up and drove 70 mi. to ride c-tor, geared up, went to throw my leg over and pulled my lower back so bad I couldn't hardly walk... so she sits in garage for couple weeks and me in the bed again... moral of the story is... take care of your body too.               TINKERER..... glad you got your head gasket issue figured out

Only sensible thing for you to do is sell me that CR,,,,,cheap. You're getting too for this stuff. ?

On saturday I went on a 4 hour adventure in the desert that ended up with a broken throttle on my buddies ktm 300 and about 50+ or so miles of single track.  When I got home I dumped my tank into my fuel can and noticed less than a 1/4 gallon of gas left.

I decided to take the risk and try out the old school boiling water and air pressure in the fuel tank to get a bit more capacity in the oem fuel tank.  I don't have pictures but can tell you it worked... but not enough for it to be worth it.  I measured 2 gallons and 12 ounces of capacity before doing this, and only 2 gallons and 22 ounces after.  10 extra ounces doesn't really seem worth it but I wouldn't know that if I hadn't tried...

• Like 2

Im currently work on my 07 cr250 but waiting for some parts to continue. Complete disasembly, replace crank, crank bearing, crank seal, all tranny bearing and all tranny seal, rebuilt water pump, replace piston ring and cylinder head, replate cylinder. Replace every bearing on the bike, change all cable(throttle, clutch and rc valve). Rebuilt front and rear master cylinder and caliper. All oem parts. And after this, the list the aftermarket parts, new renthal sprocket and ert2 chain, all new ufo chain slider, guide and roller. Twin air air filter, new ufo plastic kit with factory effex sticker and new factory effex seat cover. Rebuilt fork and shock. Thats about this, not finish wet, only have one picture now but will put other when I will finish it.IMG_1481585152.417753.jpg

• Like 1

Only sensible thing for you to do is sell me that CR,,,,,cheap. You're getting too for this stuff. ?

been dealing with a lower back problem for the last 15 yrs... former iron worker ... the good news is that its only muscles... I wasn't planning on riding hard so I didn't stretch.... stupid move on my part..... oh yea the ole 02 otta be worth....... say $5-6 G...... still want it?

• Like 1

Iron workers EARN their pay. Good to see your sense of humor is still strong!  Your area wet? We're saturated here in E TX.

its not too bad.. we had a light steady rain for about 2 days last week. it was dry enough to ride this sunday then back took a dump, its a torn right quadratus lumborum . it goes out 3-5 times a year, no biggie.. where do you ride, ever come to central texas? we ride. c-tor, hidden falls, rocky ridge, red river... natural terrain

Edited by mxsteve1968

Swapped out 10 oz FWW for 8 oz. First part of season next year is more open desert style Hare Scramble so looking to rev a bit faster.  For my bike, the 10oz is money in the tight woods though. Flipped rear tire and added chunk of old mousse to get through winter riding. Added HRC front brake line guide and rear master cylinder protector (thanks Ebay UK) and working through full chassis bearing service/replacement. 

• Like 4