What did you do with your CR today?

Getting a bit warm where I live. This weekend it was mid 80's. Loaded up the 02 125 and went to the mountains. It sang it's little happy song and when the sun started sinking behind the mountains, had to take a picture. [emoji1316]

IMG_3661.JPG

• Like 2

On April 23, 2017 at 7:53 AM, CR125B said:

Haha that is the exact same size I had. I would generally go wide, but at the time my rim was bent so I couldn't afford any extra width. Anyone know what the advantages are of going tall and narrow? Going wide just makes sense to me because you get more traction?

My understanding is that taller and narrow is faster for trail conditions. The taller sidewall allows more "give" when riding over obstacles like large logs and rocks.  Width makes a bigger contact patch, but also creates more drag. Probably not a ton, but that is why road racers like Lance Armstrong run the skinny street tires. I honestly doubt either of these factors matter that much to the average riders like myself, but I have heard of people experiencing more flats on trails running the 19 rear with a short sidewall than an 18 rear with a tall sidewall.

• Like 1

Got out for my first ride on my 250 yesterday, I was impressed how the jetting and motor ran based on the recommendations I received on here. Unfortunately, 20 minutes into my ride my clutch lever went limp!  The cable only engaged the last 1/2 inch next to the bar so looks like I need some new clutch parts. I'm still very happy with the way the motor on this bike pulls, very smooth for the trails I was on and still  a good snap up top when I wanted it. 

What did I do with my CR today?
Well, since I didn't have one I went and bought another two killer. 2002 CR 250
Good to be back in the CR club.

If I were to get a cr250, I would get an 02. I just seem to like that year for Cr's. got any pics? [emoji23][emoji1305]

installed a fuel filter! should have done this first thing when I got her...

IMG_20170504_142021_zpsukqemt4n.jpg

changed my tranny oil... cute funnel! 

IMG_20170504_145941_zpsu5z00yyi.jpg

Also stuck these adhesive rubber dots on each side of the frame to prevent the shrouds from digging in... Thanks to MxSteve for the idea!

IMG_20170504_165143_zpsehkjtn5d.jpg

IMG_20170504_173353_zpsxjwcjrid.jpg

over the weekend I put on my hondasaki outfit, but tomorrow I'm gonna bring it back to the stock look and prep it for a weekend ride... I'll save the green for winter:

IMG_20170504_211742_zpsf4lor5wf.jpg

here's my 'making of' hondasaki video:

• Like 2

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 3

i put her original clothing back on... going to run these plastics for the summer...

IMG_20170507_163136_zpsdirbqony.jpg

the shrouds are really getting beat... the original graphics have dried out and are basically chipping off. black and green are coming back on for winter, and then for next spring/summer she has a brand new set of red/white acerbis plastics with replica '02 shroud graphics waiting for her... she's so spoiled.

she also got a new set of grips installed today, nice and squishy!

IMG_20170507_163202_zpspbsjvkux.jpg

• Like 1

I don't have any good pictures at the moment, but I plan on putting V Force3 reeds on it with a fmf system. If anyone has any preferences as to what model of pipe/silencer please let me know. After I put all that on, change the fork seals, and put on a new tire I will post some pictures.

I wouldn't go the vforce route lol. Some Boyesen superstocks would give you the same performance and is cheaper and less hassle. I had vforce on a 05 yz125 and it ALWAYS gave me problems. Somehow the cage warped?!? Ripped it out, put a stock cage with some boyesen superstocks, never had a problem again.
  • Like 1

Went out Saturday!

Riding a berm trying to get low and I got a little "too" low. Broke a clutch lever.

Quickly ran to a motorcycle shop to get a new clutch, came back, put it on and my mom never even knew [emoji23][emoji41]. ( she didn't want us to go ride that day because she doesn't want us getting "hurt" lol.)

Later that day went to the race!
IMG_3686.JPG

IMG_3688.JPG

• Like 1