thetinkerer

What did you do with your CR today?

484 posts in this topic

Gave mine the day off. Just didn't have any energy when the alarm went off. Stupid. Weather perfect, what a waste!

3 people like this

Gave mine the day off. Just didn't have any energy when the alarm went off. Stupid. Weather perfect, what a waste!

Maybe it's cause i'm a teenager but man i couldn't pass up any day of riding hot or cold rain or shine.

2 people like this

replaced my tusk handguards with these acerbis off my drz which dip down on the ends:

IMG_20171210_150435_zpsvtksrvv1.jpg

i hurt both wrists from the tusk bars in separate falls.

comparisons:

IMG_20171210_152032_zpsni9v66yf.jpg

IMG_20171210_152358_zps7tqov0kh.jpg

the acerbis shields are massive, but i think ill get used to them

IMG_20171210_155534_zps5kxlgehe.jpg

IMG_20171210_155525_zpspgaye6mh.jpg

also, installed these friday: 

IMG_20171208_231210_zpsyk7pgbn6.jpg

Edited by md30
2 people like this

IMG_20171208_231210_zpsyk7pgbn6.jpgWho makes the swing arm guards? Just tried finding some by Polisport, no luck...

EDIT: Never mind I see that's your Honda. Want some for DRZ.

replaced my tusk handguards with these acerbis off my drz which dip down on the ends:
IMG_20171210_150435_zpsvtksrvv1.jpg
i hurt both wrists from the tusk bars in separate falls.
comparisons:
IMG_20171210_152032_zpsni9v66yf.jpg

IMG_20171210_152358_zps7tqov0kh.jpg

the acerbis shields are massive, but i think ill get used to them
IMG_20171210_155534_zps5kxlgehe.jpg

IMG_20171210_155525_zpspgaye6mh.jpg

IMG_20171208_231210_zpsyk7pgbn6.jpg

Cool! I didn’t know they made these! Might get some of these on my bike!

3 minutes ago, thetinkerer said:

Cool! I didn’t know they made these! Might get some of these on my bike!

free shipping until friday: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1046/54978/Polisport-Swingarm-Protectors

They say they are made for the 04-07 CR swingarms, but with some very minor trimming on the left side guard, they will fit the 02-03 perfectly.

I only wish I had gotten some before I dented my swingarm in the rocky stuff! :cry:

Edited by md30

Ok....decided to get out into the cold garage and get some work done. I put on some new Geico graphics (got them for my B-day!), and I replaced the RH crank seal, water pump gear and seals.  When I bought this bike, it was loading up and running super rich.  I first started messing with the jetting, leaning out everything in the carb....helped but still was loading up while riding.  I then found a chunk out of one of the reeds, so I replaced them....helped a little more, but it still was running rich even when warmed up.  It also was very loaded up when I first started it up after sitting. I then started watching the tranny oil level.....bam! It was going down after every ride! It looked like the previous owner had replaced the seal, but they didn't have the right size diameter object to drive the seal in, as the metal base of the seal was caved in or angled in where it seals around the crank collar. I have my fingers crossed that this has been the issue, and I can get the jetting back where it is supposed to be.  Merry Christmas to my moto Brutha's!!!!

IMG_3390-1.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

IMG_3381.jpg

5 people like this

10 hours ago, md30 said:

today we made a video

Sweet video! You have a few items I would like to add to my CR. Well done!

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, fineblackline said:

I got a new pipe and silencer! FMF factory fatty and FMF powercore 2 silencer.
IMG_0133.jpg
IMG_0138.jpg

omg your bike looks brand new! stunning!

Where did you find an FMF pipe with that 'brushed' finish look? The only thing holding me back from buying a Gnarly is the chrome finish

omg your bike looks brand new! stunning!

Where did you find an FMF pipe with that 'brushed' finish look? The only thing holding me back from buying a Gnarly is the chrome finish

Thanks! Unfortunately I don’t think the gnarly comes in the raw finish. This is the factory fatty which I think is FMF’s only raw finish pipe.
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, lukeaulgur said:

Great video I am going to have to get a radiator cap with a temperature gauge. I've never seen that

Does that kickstand lock while it's up?

Thanks, Luke!

The temperature gauge is awesome: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/917/61141/Tusk-High-Pressure-Radiator-Cap-with-Temperature-Gauge it's one of my favorite and most practical upgrades on the bike, it really let's you see how hard your being on the bike and when to let it rest.

The kickstand rocks too, it's got a nice strong internal spring and stays in place when up, doesn't bounce around at all

2 people like this

47 minutes ago, md30 said:

Thanks, Luke!

The temperature gauge is awesome: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/917/61141/Tusk-High-Pressure-Radiator-Cap-with-Temperature-Gauge it's one of my favorite and most practical upgrades on the bike, it really let's you see how hard your being on the bike and when to let it rest.

The kickstand rocks too, it's got a nice strong internal spring and stays in place when up, doesn't bounce around at all

I was checking out your garage. That's a unique looking CR, (I thought it was a KX). It looks cool. What kind of front fender do you have, and did you have to mod it to get it to fit?

2 people like this