Fed the frakk up with frakking

Now I know some of you are offended already but let me be clear here, I don't have any particular disagreement with frakking in itself as long as it's done on privately owned land. What my beef is with is the sales of drilling right's by state and federal entities utilizing lands that are protected by legislation first introduced by Theodore Roosevelt between 1901-09 under the national forestry/park act signed into law by president Woodrow Wilson in 1916 and by further legislative work by countless other's. The inherent dangers of stripping our land bare to harvest every speck of energy we can exploit it for should be obvious but apparently the greed is more powerful than the risk of destroying our planet. I know if one was to take a critical look at this topic and view the data for what it is we would all agree we should be both more responsible with our own energy demands and more proactive in retaining the sanctity of our protected lands

Edited by ericinkmonster

Drill baby drill! You should see what green energy is doing to the CA desert. Will make you sick

Yeah man they're out of control

Destroying the planet hyperbole just makes you sound like a Chicken Little. If you have legitimate, specific concerns that on-the-ground hydraulic fracturing activity has impacted you locally, enumerate them. If the mere concept of domestic energy production gives you hives, seek medical attention.

Indeed there are actual negative impacts of an ecological nature here in Ohio and nationally as well so take the chicken little hyperbole and piss off if you had a better understanding of the art of interpreting the English language instead of just reacting out of what certainly seems to be a personal connection to the topic you would have seen that my beef isn't with the field of frakking or with it's environmental aftermath my concern is with the selling of exploratory and drilling rights on PROTECTED LAND not uncle joes corn field. ..just saying read and understand the whole thing before jumping up and being a prick

Indeed there are actual negative impacts of an ecological nature here in Ohio and nationally as well so take the chicken little hyperbole and piss off if you had a better understanding of the art of interpreting the English language instead of just reacting out of what certainly seems to be a personal connection to the topic you would have seen that my beef isn't with the field of frakking or with it's environmental aftermath my concern is with the selling of exploratory and drilling rights on PROTECTED LAND not uncle joes corn field. ..just saying read and understand the whole thing before jumping up and being a prick

Wow, that's really hostile. Still not seeing an enumeration of actual concerns, just generalized anxiety. No need for you to get your blood pressure up.

Nice paragraph length, run-on sentence lecturing me about English comprehension though. Kudos.

Edited by HeavyRotation

I'm on a phone not a computer I'm not concerned with punctuation and I agree and apologize for being offended by your offensive comment like I stated what the purpose of the discussion was intended to be about the auctioning of state forest land for frakking it wouldn't matter to me if they were playing barbies they shouldn't have the right to impede on sanctity of a u.s national forest that was the point not proper sentence structure or petty rhetoric between what I perceive to be another intelligent adult

I'm on a phone also, and petty rhetoric is my raison d'etre. My state banned frakking so I'm totally ok with energy companies buggering everyone else's back yard, if ya know what I mean.

Now I know some of you are offended already but let me be clear here, I don't have any particular disagreement with frakking in itself as long as it's done on privately owned land. What my beef is with is the sales of drilling right's by state and federal entities utilizing lands that are protected by legislation first introduced by Theodore Wilson between 1901-09 under the national forestry/park act signed into law by president Woodrow Wilson in 1916 and by further legislative work by countless other's. The inherent dangers of stripping our land bare to harvest every speck of energy we can exploit it for should be obvious but apparently the greed is more powerful than the risk of destroying our planet. I know if one was to take a critical look at this topic and view the data for what it is we would all agree we should be both more responsible with our own energy demands and more proactive in retaining the sanctity of our protected lands

I still want to know who the eff "Theodore Wilson" is............................... :facepalm:

Joe

Wow, that's really hostile. Still not seeing an enumeration of actual concerns, just generalized anxiety. No need for you to get your blood pressure up.

Nice paragraph length, run-on sentence lecturing me about English comprehension though. Kudos.

Haha. He made fun of how kids these days cant write in the exact same "literary style" you see here.

I pointed out the irony as a laugh and he basically told me to shove it. One rule for "kids these days" and one for him and no sense of humour.

Now I know some of you are offended already but let me be clear here, I don't have any particular disagreement with frakking in itself as long as it's done on privately owned land. What my beef is with is the sales of drilling right's by state and federal entities utilizing lands that are protected by legislation first introduced by Theodore Wilson between 1901-09 under the national forestry/park act signed into law by president Woodrow Wilson in 1916 and by further legislative work by countless other's. The inherent dangers of stripping our land bare to harvest every speck of energy we can exploit it for should be obvious but apparently the greed is more powerful than the risk of destroying our planet. I know if one was to take a critical look at this topic and view the data for what it is we would all agree we should be both more responsible with our own energy demands and more proactive in retaining the sanctity of our protected lands

Any prospector can get an exploration permit on almost any land here.

If they get an extraction permit on your private freehold land, that you had plans for, they can do whatever they like with it for as long as they want essentially.

Everyone wins (miner, shareholders, government) except for the land owner who gets left with having to make sure the mining or gas company cleans up properly, when the mine is done 40 years later :rolleyes:.

Any prospector can get an exploration permit on almost any land here.

If they get an extraction permit on your private freehold land, that you had plans for, they can do whatever they like with it for as long as they want essentially.

Everyone wins (miner, shareholders, government) except for the land owner who gets left with having to make sure the mining or gas company cleans up properly, when the mine is done 40 years later :rolleyes:.

That is just astounding to me

I still want to know who the eff "Theodore Wilson" is............................... :facepalm:

Joe

Ooops...Lol you're the first one to catch that..typo...the correction is Theodore Roosevelt but I'm sure you knew that

Ooops...Lol you're the first one to catch that..typo...the correction is Theodore Roosevelt but I'm sure you knew that

Of course. :busted:

That is just astounding to me

On paper they have to make it good.

But we all know how seriously they take that. A nationally (Australia) famous legacy isnt that far from me (Rum Jungle uranium mine)

The fvcked off and left the cleanup to govco.

On 12/20/2016 at 1:14 AM, ericinkmonster said:
On 12/19/2016 at 8:31 PM, trailmeisterjoe said:

Joe

And by the way, it is the  National Park Service Organic Act, not national forestry park act or whatever you called it.