YZ 250X 2017

Hey folks!

I bought a new YZ 250X that i will receive in 2 weeks! Which ill take delivery in the yamaha crate!! So here the thing, i was first looking at a KTM 300Xc 2017, but found out that they have all kinds of jetting reeds airbox and etc issues. So i decided to stick with Yammi! Im looking at the possibility to take the motor apart before it even being fire up once! basically, i would do a ESR 325CC kit right outta the box! So first, am i retarded to even think about not riding once the X before rip it apart( previous bike is a 2015 YZ 250)! Because i was thinking about selling the whole KiT cylinder, piston bearing gasket and etc from the 250X to someone. Also everything will be double since it will come with an extra top end kit from yamaha! I will mostly race Harescramble, so i just want a crazy fun bike to race! The ESR kit is very appealing, but im not sure if its worth it right outta the gate! So inputs would be great!

The 250x looks fun. I don't know about taking apart a perfectly good brand new motor and messing with it. I would think you'd want to ride it as is, break in everything stock, wear out the current top end, and then go to a bigger cylinder, piston, etc. I'm not sure about starting right out of the box and going for larger CC's. That's just me though. Congrats on the new bike!

my yz 325 with lectron carb runs great.it is awesome in pa rocks,not a lot of over rev ,but very srong and linear for slick woods hills with no run at,put it in 3rd gear and ride.also very reliable second season with just rings.dep  pipe also helps.but stock is good,

the esr 325 kit is not just bolt on and go, i've got mine dialed in pretty good but it was frustrating getting there. before you even try riding it you'll need to check the squish and probably have the head decked to get it in spec. then all the jetting fun beings. But i do really like the power now, it pulls hard from bottom to top, feels like a yz250 in the middle and top but just ads a lot of power on the bottom

I wouldn't do it. You really need to ride it stock, or at least ride an X before you bother with the ESR kit. The stock X is on par with a KTM 300, IMO, and I'd think the X would be an excellent bike for Eastern harescrambles.

If you do anything to it, get one of the STIC metering blocks for the carb. It gives a very torque-y feel and the extra top end power is about what you'd get from a 300 kit.

Trust me. I've spent thousands of dollars trying different parts to get this sort of 300 like power and this combo simply does the trick. Stock X motor with a STIC = AWESOME woods racing power.

• Like 2

What's up with all that jetting on stock bike?? I thought it was pretty dialed in from factory at sea level! If you guys have recommandation for jettings its welcome!!

How exactly the STIC, helped? Specially on a stock bike? I could still decide to go on the orange bike, but for 3K more than the Yammi, i dont see why i would pay more for the KTM! Beside the balling factor, I think Yammi is awesome! I might just do skid plate, rad braces, and magura clutch!

My 2 cents.....  Fire it up, ride the snot out of it and enjoy it.  If there comes a time when you feel it needs a 325 kit, get one.  I think you'll find better ways to spend your money, unless you have one of those money trees in your backyard. 

unfortunately not money tree in the backyard and unlimited funds!!