1995 CR 250

I just picked up a 95 250 and was wondering what you guys thought ab this year, and any modifications you think would be helpful. I was looking to change the forks on the bike, are their any other years of another bike that would fit onto my CR. I was also wondering the same ab the plastics bc I have seen some cheap plastics for some 450's and didn't know if the thread would be the same. Thanks

Okay did u have any problems with the suspension on your 95?
I am going to have to put new seals in mine this winter. Also what would you think ab a flywheel weight. I do mostly trail riding so I thought this would be beneficial.

Edited by bish_64

I had a 95 and it was a great bike. I had a set of '08 CRF forks on it, and a Titanium YZF450 rear spring. The shock was damped too soft for me so I had it revalved. Once dialed in, it was fantastic. I ran the engine bone stock, with PC's recommended jetting.

If you are just trail riding, it will probably be good with just a little fine tuning.

Edited by CamP

I had the OEM forks and shock with a revalve by Jeff Slavens of CO. By FAR the finest suspension I have ever ridden and he nailed it on the first try. But he quit doing susp on anything but KTM and now does not even do that. If you can't find the "feel" you want with oil level and clicker adjustments you will need to revalve. Personally I would go FC or a DIY Race Tech setup. I see no need to buy newer susp if you set them up right. I have never ridden any newer bike any brand that has come close to the setup Slavens gave me. Maybe I just got lucky, it has spoiled me ever since.  My engine was stock and jetted well, no mods.

No I don't have the purple shrouds but do u know where I could get any with the retro graphics

I have a set of new OEM 95 shroud graphics. The right side is still available, but the left side was discontinued and rare as hen's teeth.  Also have the matching tank stickers. Let me know if you are interested in them. I sold the bike and don't need them anymore.

Is there any reason u sold yours? Any problems with it? Any thing to watch out for?

The bike was awesome. I just needed to simplify my life a bit. The bike collection was getting out of control and I didn't really have adequate space for so many bikes and two collector cars. I sold everything but my 05, 07 CR250's and a 1973 XR75.