KTM 50 SX hesitation

My kids 50 just started having a hesitation when you get on the throttle. Took carb apart and cleaned but still doing it. Any ideas on what is may be?

What year?

More than likely the clutch pack is junk.

Auto clutch. Probably a carb issue but have you checked the flywheel timing? Most likely the carb. They can be tricky

What year?

More than likely the clutch pack is junk.

Probably needs a stator

Is there a way to check the stator to see if it is good or bad?

Is there a way to check the stator to see if it is good or bad?

Not until it has completely failed. Bad stators are very common on the ktm 50, one of the reasons I went Cobra this year. A failing stator will cause the motor to break up, hesitate and blubber like a fouled plug. In fact most people mistake it with a fouled plug. Is your child a clutch abuser? Constant On and off throttle?

No he is pretty steady on the throttle continuously .

Not until it has completely failed. Bad stators are very common on the ktm 50, one of the reasons I went Cobra this year. A failing stator will cause the motor to break up, hesitate and blubber like a fouled plug. In fact most people mistake it with a fouled plug. Is your child a clutch abuser? Constant On and off throttle?

Yes of course you can test a stator. There is a section in the KTM Bible on how to do it. You will need a multimeter

Yes of course you can test a stator. There is a section in the KTM Bible on how to do it. You will need a multimeter

I didn't say you couldn't test it but you're not going to find and intermittent failure, which is what that hesitation is, with a multimeter