Trump's in charge now

Edited by slideleft
  • Like 5

My KTM jug is Orange VP jug

The Yamaha can is Blue jug

Raw pump gas in a Yellow VP jug

C12 is in a Eagle steal can so red.

Trump's in charge now

Trump isn't in charge yet, many of the laws are state laws, the EPA still exists and those colors are an international color code.   :doh:

Orange is for transporting biosafety like blood and infectious waste. Seems appropriate for a KTM to me.    :smirk: 

https://vpracingfuels.com/product/square-motorsport-container/

NOTE: The VP Motorsport Container is intended only for use as a rapid refueling device for racing vehicles used in professional off road and closed course competition racing events. It is NOT a portable fuel container as described by ASTM, EPA, ARB or other state or federal agencies. Intended for racing fuel only; not to be used for street legal fuels.

CARB_Jug.png

This is the only legal can VP sells.  The other cans aren't even legal to store fuel in.  If your house burns down due to a fire caused by unapproved fuel storage your homeowners insurance probably has a rider in it to keep them from being responsible...

If it doesn't have a big gas symbol on the side like the above can does it's not legal to use.  Most states limit how many cans you can carry and store also.  Most states allow four 5 gallon cans in total.

Made dog tags at the local PetSmart.   They have the little laser etching machine up front.   Self service.  So nobody is asking why you named your dog   Premix, or Race gas.  

Personally I dedicate and use a sharpie but otherwise I would just get some cheap premade blank cardboard tags

avery-strung-number-5-shipping-tags-with

• Like 3

I feel your pain. I have 8 5gal jugs and 1 VP 6gal.  I have to go a long distance to get non-ethanol so I take as many empties as I have. Some will still have my Klotz race mix, some dirt cheap regular 87 oct 10% eth, some expensive 90 oct no eth.  I am always loosing track of which ones have what. I took a sharpie and wrote RACE on 4 of the 8 5gal jugs, but at some point I violated that and it is not true any more.

I have a farmall H tractor that can run the cheap stuff and takes 4 gal every mow. If I run out of gas in the trucks, I cant use the klotz mix for fear of plugging the cat converter, so I need to keep some of each around.

Still looking for a good solution for my solutions.

Sharpie alone is not OSHA approved, what if they show up to the trail head and hand out gasoline tickets?

You need this:

rtk-color-bar-a.jpg?t=1398725710

• Like 2

Duct Tape and a Sharpie has worked for 40+ years for me.

this.

I always keep fuel around long term. I've been caught out by hurricanes. No sitting in lines for me. Everything is dated and rotated.

My two stroke fuel is always in a transparent jug. Easy I'D.

Edited by seer
  • Like 1

I used to wrap it with a strip of duct tape and write on that, but it wouldn't hold up well. Now I just write on the container with a sharpie. Works fine for me

Clear Round VP jug = Race Gas

Blue square VP jug = Premium Fuel

Pink Square VP jug = The Mrs' (she likes having her own)

Blue Round VP jug = 2 stroke mix

The red fuel cans you get at Walmart are for lawnmowers. Not motorcycles.

Edited by Goatse
  • Like 3

You can get a bag of paper tags with a string on them for almost nothing.

Yea, that's what I do, no need for dedicated cans and I mark octane, date, mix, and if Stabil was used.

• Like 1

Sharpie alone is not OSHA approved, what if they show up to the trail head and hand out gasoline tickets?

You need this:

rtk-color-bar-a.jpg?t=1398725710

Not in Arizona :p 

Another reason I live here and not there. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

I really don't know why dedicated tanks are a pain? I find it extremely simple and straight forward, especially if you consistently use the same types of fuel. If anything, what you're doing switching fuels around in different containers and contently relabeling seems like an annoyance.

Fat sharpie on red plastic 5 gal tanks (the smooth plastics, not that obnoxious textured garbo)... one tank says GOOD, one tank says SHIT, one tank says BRAAPPP. Good is 93 pump for the 4t toys, shit is 89 pump for 4t lawn equip, braappp is 93 premix for 2t toys and 2t lawn equip. The sharpie has been on there for like 10 years and hasn't faded or worn off. When these crappy plastic tanks need to be ditched i'll be buying Eagle Metal cans, one red, one yellow, one blue. The metal cans are the best but getting hard to find in stores. Home depot and the like all have those obnoxious push to open nozzle plastics cans now. Luckily amazon sells eagle metal cans.  

yep it seems like if this is a problem you need to invest in another can or two.

• Like 1

Clear Round VP jug = Race Gas

Blue square VP jug = Premium Fuel

Pink Square VP jug = The Mrs' (she likes having her own)

Blue Round VP jug = 2 stroke mix

The red fuel cans you get at Walmart are for lawnmowers. Not motorcycles.

Here is a quote from a different thread that shows a nice legal red plastic fuel can.    http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1175479-5-gal-gas-cans-where-did-the-good-ones-go/?hl=+vp

Is this a Massachusetts thing? I've never seen or heard of this happening down here but I'd hate to be the victim of that.

I picked up one of these a while back at cyclegear. Just shove the spout in the tank and it releases a flood of gas. The weight of the can opens it. It stops when the tank is full. No cap to mess with and it doesn't spill. Fillups are pretty quick. Not cheap at $40 and can't use it in a car since the diameter is about the size of the fill hole in the tank. I had bought it to use with a two stroke I picked up and I didn't want the gas can to match my other ones or I probably wouldn't have picked it up.

21.6360.jpg