EXC handguard mounting

Want to mount some Acerbis hand guards instead of factory ones. Where are you guys mounting this on the throttle side? With all the switches it has no where to go. I'm used to MX bikes that have plenty of room. Are you guys relocating switches to somewhere else.

Here are the hand guards I'm trying to use and some photos of the left side mounted.

IMG_1484200973.003692.jpgIMG_1484200944.109993.jpg

IMG_1484200957.895464.jpg

I have no suggestions but will follow this as my buddy just picked up his '17 350 EXC-F today and has some bark busters on the way.

I also have no suggestions but just got a '17 500 exc and am trying to decide on handguards.  I want to do cycras but am wondering what mounting system works best for the new bikes.  I like the look of the brp mount but it sounds like you need little adapters to move the computer forward and down.  That's no big deal but also wondering if the ignition key gets in the way.  Seems like it would.  Wondered if anyone has tried this. There is already a lot of real estate taken up on the bars.  If a traction control map switch ever does come out, I'm not even sure where it would fit.

I have Cycras on my 14 500 exc and they fit great. Just buy the proper mount kit. A generic kit won't get you very far.

My suggestion may not be as helpful but seeing as the clutch side guard isn't really doing much guarding maybe the stockers re a better option.

I really am a fan of mx style guards but I have wrap around hand guards on my exc and I noticed that I buy less levers and grips because of the guards.

Hope you find a resolution.

One thing to be aware of , is how wrap around hand guards negatively effect bar flex,  and that's the whole purpose of the Neken  fat bars , is to allow flex, Reduce fatigue.    I have plastic guards , they have their pros and cons, but will never buy heavy metal ones, like cycra.  Nice for cold weather, some lever protection, but a really hate the reduced bar flex, as it takes away from Bra feel.  Look at top enduro riders, you don't see no cycras.

Acerbiz has some flag style that mounts

I leave these loose enough to twist, and flex not to kill the natural bar flex, there is just enough room to mount, and hell no I refuse to adjust lever position, to mount this stuff.

I see you already have acerbiz flag style,  I agree mounting whatever can take careful thought, the stock flags have excellent mounting, they just break too easy.

IMG_0703.jpg

Edited by Spud786

Want to mount some Acerbis hand guards instead of factory ones. Where are you guys mounting this on the throttle side? With all the switches it has no where to go. I'm used to MX bikes that have plenty of room. Are you guys relocating switches to somewhere else.

Here are the hand guards I'm trying to use and some photos of the left side mounted.

attachicon.gifIMG_1484200973.003692.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_1484200944.109993.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_1484200957.895464.jpg

I use the BRP mounts on all my bikes. As you pointed out, there's not a lot of room on some of the bikes and these don't take up any.

IMG_1484230412.881403.jpg

We just installed the KTM Power Parts (Cyrca Probends) bark busters on his 2017 KTM 350 EXC-F. They mount fine with the inner mouths way down by the handle bar clamps. The issue we ran into is the stock flag style guards are held on by the clutch and brake lever pivot bolts. When you take them off the bolts are too long and the nuts are molded into the guards. The new kit does not come with replacement bolts and nuts to hold the levers on.

The shorter replacement bolts are in the owners manual portfolio with lever boots etc.

Ahh, thanks for the heads up. He didn't have the portfolio with him.

Thanks for all the replies guys. While you guys for sure have the answer to making full wrap guards work, I'm talking specifically about this flag style more basic guard. If you look at my second picture you can see the mount next to the switch. There's no room for this on the right side. I think I'm gonna move the kill switch to the left and move the start button over so I have room for the mount. These guards also won't work with the factory mounting through the Lever pivots so just makes this a little harder.

IMG_1484401815.820114.jpgbrp mount cycra bark busters

Thanks for all the replies guys. While you guys for sure have the answer to making full wrap guards work, I'm talking specifically about this flag style more basic guard. If you look at my second picture you can see the mount next to the switch. There's no room for this on the right side. I think I'm gonna move the kill switch to the left and move the start button over so I have room for the mount. These guards also won't work with the factory mounting through the Lever pivots so just makes this a little harder.

If your going flag style why not just keep the stock ones? Seems like a lot of work for little return

BRP or Bonz mounts

I just prefer the looks of the Acerbis over stock. Plus I'm a rep for a large motorcycle distributor so I like to put stuff I sell on my personal bikes. I think I have the issue figured out and will post some pics once I get the chance to make it happen. I'm out of town until next weekend so it will be a few days.

I just prefer the looks of the Acerbis over stock. Plus I'm a rep for a large motorcycle distributor so I like to put stuff I sell on my personal bikes. I think I have the issue figured out and will post some pics once I get the chance to make it happen. I'm out of town until next weekend so it will be a few days.

I went with the Cycra guards. Love them so far!

I went with the Cycra guards. Love them so far!

The KTM Power Parts Cyrca goats we put on my buddies '17 350 EXC-F are super nice. It's actually been in my garage since he got it so ill put some pics up...Image1484530696.409421.jpgImage1484530722.804177.jpgImage1484530748.502180.jpg
On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:48 PM, rustyrider719 said:

I've been looking at the cycra rebound mounting which looks very similar to the Acerbiz, IMo, you have to mount right beside the grip on both sides, or the flag is too off center and don't get proper coverage, so your kill button would need to be moved, imo.

Im not thrilled with the mounting option, but that's the only way I see them fitting correctly.

hbd makes great guards or cycras .Thats the only option you have with them type of guards. The full guards are way better those are the same as stock and will break levers first drop in rocks don't ride with us.. lol

On 1/11/2017 at 10:05 PM, rustyrider719 said:

IMG_1484200973.003692.jpgIMG_1484200944.109993.jpg

IMG_1484200957.895464.jpg

looks like moving the kill switch is the only reasonable option you have.

unless you can figure out a clever way to mount the starter button on your hand guard mount.