'12 blowing out oil filter o ring.

Posting this for a friend. He just let me know now that within the past month his oil filter o ring gasket has blown out shortly after starting the bike. He rode the bike many times in between events so I'm not sure an oil passage is clogged or the like. Any ideas what he should check for?

imagejpeg_0(2).jpg

Are you talking about the o ring on the oil filter cover?

Has he replaced the o ring and gotten the same results?

Are you talking about the o ring on the oil filter cover?

Has he replaced the o ring and gotten the same results?

Yes and yes. It was about a month spread between events with hard riding. Edited by Zakrad_u

He

Yes and yes. It was about a month spread between events with hard riding.

I would look at the o ring because they are easy to pinch but is that the only place oil is coming from? I would look and see if the vent hose coming from the back of the motor is clogged or pinched. Could cause the motor pressurize and it's taking out the weakest parts.

What part of pa you in?

He

I would look at the o ring because they are easy to pinch but is that the only place oil is coming from? I would look and see if the vent hose coming from the back of the motor is clogged or pinched. Could cause the motor pressurize and it's taking out the weakest parts.

As far as I know that's the only place. I haven't had the chance to look over the bike yet, just going by what a buddy told me.

Ill tell him to check the crankcase breather. I don't really think its anything too serious because the bike is still running (likely not a clogged oil passage) .

Were from SW PA